Remotes or just B-hoe lines

/ Remotes or just B-hoe lines #1  

Dan Lamb

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 2400h TLB/ cab
Good evening
I have a Branson 2400h with a frame Mount back hoe , are the two lines feeding the b-hoe just for the hoe or are they remote or auxiliary lines . My hydralic knowledge is limited . Thanks Nor Cal Dan

/ Remotes or just B-hoe lines #2  
Good evening
I have a Branson 2400h with a frame Mount back hoe , are the two lines feeding the b-hoe just for the hoe or are they remote or auxiliary lines . My hydralic knowledge is limited . Thanks Nor Cal Dan

Probably just backhoe lines?

Do you have to loop them back together with hoe off?
Are they coming from a valve that you have to engage in order to operate hoe?

/ Remotes or just B-hoe lines #3  
Some terms are a little gray and of slang. “Rear remotes” often have a valve that the driver can control- on/off, up/down etc. The BH output may not have the control valve.
Let us know what you are trying to do. I’m assuming it’s take the BH off and put something else back there that needs the hydraulics. If that’s the case the BH ports will most likely work. It may just take a few extra parts or just a set of hoses- depends on what’s there now.

/ Remotes or just B-hoe lines #4  
That's the hydraulic feed line from the loader valve's power beyond to the 3pt. It has constant flow when the engine is running.

You can plug something into them but it needs to have an open center valve to control the action. Make sure the valve can handle full system pressure on its output port or you could damage it if you use the 3pt while it's connected.

/ Remotes or just B-hoe lines
Thanks guys , I thought I could use these two lines for grapple but now I understand I would still need A Third function or diverter to run grapple , I did call Daves Tractor in Red Bluff Ca and they said IT was a constant PRESSURE line just to run the b-hoe , with that being the case I would have to come off the power beyond valve then to Third function going to grapple , much cleaner that way . Thanks guys for your input . dan

/ Remotes or just B-hoe lines #6  
To run a grapple all you would need is a valve and the hoses. A “3rd function” is slang as well. It’s the 3rd thing the bucket can do- lift, curl and the 3rd thing. If you want to remove the BH and use those 2 ports to run a grapple it would be a fairly straight forward install. If you want to leave the BH alone and add the grapple that will take a bit more work but also can be done. Their are a lot of aftermarket kits. A diverter valve that diverts the curl function (doesn’t allow both at the same time) is under $500. And a true 3rd function is $1000 or less. Both use an electric valve and typically the switch is on the joystick.

/ Remotes or just B-hoe lines #7  
It doesn't matter for how you hook it up and use it but it's not constant pressure. The way open center hydraulics work is that the flow (which is engine rpm dependent) goes from valve to valve, through each valve's open center when the valve is in neutral position. The pressure when no valves are open is low, just whatever the restriction of the lines and valves causes. When you operate a valve some or all of the flow is diverted into a cylinder. Then the pressure rises to whatever is needed to move the cylinder against its load, limited by the relief valve.

You can build a 3rd function yourself for under $500 and that's with a high quality replacement joystick handle with switches. The electric valve itself is $150 or so.

Branson offers a diverter for the 20/25 series. They may have one for the 00 series too.