Removed the doors off my MULE Pro MX

/ Removed the doors off my MULE Pro MX #1  

Milo

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 3520, Ferris Z2100, Kawasaki Mule Pro MX, Honda Pioneer 520
I don't know how many of you guys with utility UTV's have doors on but I've been meaning to remove the doors that come on mine but hadn't got around to it, until yesterday. After unbolting the doors the hinges are easy to access to remove as well. Anyway it feels a lot nicer riding around without the things. Someone mentioned "you don't want to remove them because all the mud and dust will come in. Well I can say that's not the case at all. Other benefits are cooler and a bit quieter, and this UTV was already pretty quiet. I may put them back on for Winter but if I do they're coming off in Spring. Sure is easier getting in and out to pick up stuff on the trails now.

/ Removed the doors off my MULE Pro MX #2  
I took the doors off my 2017 Mule Pro DX for the first time this summer.
Dust was being sucked in through the openings in the cab and the door gaps. And it was hot.
Now the dust does not enter because the vacuum in the cab is eliminated and as you said "a bit quieter"
The glass windshield was removed too and that made it quieter too.

/ Removed the doors off my MULE Pro MX
Good, kinda nice enjoying the open air.

/ Removed the doors off my MULE Pro MX #4  
I find, being able to get in and out of a UTV fast, is a definite asset. Often I am out, before it's even come to a full stop. Also an open floor, so you can operate the vehicle from the passenger side has been handy. Or just when one side is blocked.

I live in the country, to enjoy the great outdoors. Sun, wind, even rain. Not to be inside some climate controlled pope mobile thing. 09pope-mobile2.jpg

Last edited:
My feelings too.

/ Removed the doors off my MULE Pro MX #6  
First thing I would do.

/ Removed the doors off my MULE Pro MX #7  
I noticed you also removed the roof. Why?

Quieter w/o the roof, plus I like being out in the open. I may put the roof on for Winter and early Spring

/ Removed the doors off my MULE Pro MX #9  
I was wondering why. It must reflect the noise back?
I still have not decided between the MX and FXR.

I like the sound off the engine in the MX and it looked more open under the box for servicing. Also much better price than FXR. I think I can buy an MX EPS w/roof for $3K less than an FXR.

I like the width of the FXR (seats 3) and being short like the MX. The FX & FXT are too long. I wish the FXR was not "top of line" for F series. I do not need aluminum wheels, better seat, extra front lights, rear bumper and painted hood/grill for thousands more $$$. Drop those extra, but keep EPS and the roof and sell it for $2K less!!!!

I wish Kawasaki made a bare bones FXR. Or a three across seating MX.

If you want the roof the LE is probably a good deal for only what $300 more? The alloy wheels should allow it to ride slightly better, won稚 ever rust, and look good. :)