Removing CK20 Seat

/ Removing CK20 Seat #1  

gilbertmsg

Gold Member
Tractor
2007 Kioti CK20
Has anyone removed their seat from a CK20? We had a good snow here on Christmas day, I went down and cleaned seat off except for a thin sheet of ice. I hit the ice sheet with my fist and cracked my 3 year old seat. I would like to remove and recover with marine grade vinyl.

Eddie

Last edited:
   / Removing CK20 Seat #2  
You might be better off going to Tractor supply and get a replacement there. I had the pre05 non suspension seat w/o arm rests and replaced it with a suspension seat w/ arm rests. Had to drill some new bolt holes to mount it but no big deal, for less than $100.
I think they're still about the same price, and probably less than having it recovered.

/ Removing CK20 Seat
Let me update my post a little. I took the entire seat off with suspension part attached (very heavy). It will slide back and forth, but stops before coming out of the grove it slides in on either end. I have purchased $14.00 with of vinyl and glue. Nothing wrong with cushion part. Lot cheaper that purchasing new seat.

Eddie

/ Removing CK20 Seat #4  
My CK 20 is a 2003. I tilted the seat up today, thinking about your post, and it looked pretty easy to take the cover off. On mine if you tilt the seat forward there are two pins that it swivels on. If you remove those two pins you would have the seat only in your hand. As far as the cover, there is a piece of edge trim all the way around that looks like it would come off pretty easy to get to the material to remove it.
Does this sound like yours?

/ Removing CK20 Seat
No, wish mine was that easy. It does not tilt at all. It is one of the suspension seats and bolts directly to tractor. The seat part slides on a track, but will not slide out either way. Almost seems like a stop on each side of the track to keep from coming all the way out.

Eddie

/ Removing CK20 Seat
Answered the question myself, on the left side of seat there is a clip in the track that keeps the seat from sliding out Long straight head screw driver and hammer, knocked out clip and seat will now slide out. Used locktite spray adhesive, staple gun and marine vinyl. Easy fix for a few bucks. Spring loaded lever on right side keeps seat from moving after repair. Clip not needed.

Eddie