Removing FEL bucket from BX2350

/ Removing FEL bucket from BX2350 #1  

SkunkWerX

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2510H
Is there any advantage (easier?) to simply removing the bucket off of the FEL, rather than the the entire unit?

I would remove FEL for better visual and clearance while mowing, just wondering if bucket removal, only, might be an option?

I don't have a storage/space issue, but for those who do, this may also help as the bucket alone has a smaller footprint.

/ Removing FEL bucket from BX2350 #2  
Being able to use the hydraulics to lift the arms and bucket off the tractor has got to make removing the whole deal much easier than removing the bucket alone. Also, I'd be afraid of hitting the arms on the ground or something else without the bucket there to protect them.

/ Removing FEL bucket from BX2350 #3  
When I mow, I normally remove the loader...normally.
However, if I don't remove the loader, I do drop the bucket off now. There's about 30" of steel (and the added weight) you don't have to worry about when mowing. This works well if you have a quick-attach bucket. I doubt if it would be worthwhile if you have to unbolt the bucket.

I've never struck or dug in my loader arms. to me, that's a matter of operator awareness...

/ Removing FEL bucket from BX2350 #4  
Is there any advantage (easier?) to simply removing the bucket off of the FEL, rather than the the entire unit?
Not on a BX. The entire FEL assembly is soooo easy to R&R that a caveman can even do it :D

On my BX23 it takes less than 3 minutes to R&R and that includes having to walk around the tractor to get to the other side. It also includes putting the caps back on and wipeing down the lines and coupleings :D

/ Removing FEL bucket from BX2350 #5  
I concur with Mr. Volfandt. Removing the FEL is so easy, it is amazing.

It's a 2 to 3 minute job if you take a swig of beer between each arm motion.

Not that I condone such inappropriate suggestions.

I would not consider removing only the bucket for mowing even if I had a quick-connect. It's that easy.

Regarding storage, I routinely park inside the arms of my disconnected loader. It takes up the exact amount of space as it would if the FEL was attached. Don't see any advantage to do anything other than full removal/replacement of FEL when needed.

/ Removing FEL bucket from BX2350
KeithInSpace said:
I concur with Mr. Volfandt. Removing the FEL is so easy, it is amazing.

It's a 2 to 3 minute job if you take a swig of beer between each arm motion.

Not that I condone such inappropriate suggestions.

I would not consider removing only the bucket for mowing even if I had a quick-connect. It's that easy.

Regarding storage, I routinely park inside the arms of my disconnected loader. It takes up the exact amount of space as it would if the FEL was attached. Don't see any advantage to do anything other than full removal/replacement of FEL when needed.

Sounds like a non-issue. I guess once i've taken it off and put it on several times I'll come to the same conclusion.

Thanks for the wisdom from experience.

/ Removing FEL bucket from BX2350 #7  
Is there a particular sequence for removal of the loader, I've never done it on my BX??

Andrew

/ Removing FEL bucket from BX2350 #8  
wr200man said:
Is there a particular sequence for removal of the loader, I've never done it on my BX??

Andrew
Well of course there is. It is in the manual. A difference in a good dealer and a mediocre. My dealer insisted that I watch him do it once and then stood and made me do it by myself. He then did the same thing with the back hoe. He did all of this after he delivered it to my house 115 miles for free.

/ Removing FEL bucket from BX2350 #9  
I agree with the rest it is so easy once done several times,I even got my wife doing it although she doesn't like the oil from the hose's on her hands but she can do it.It will take a few times but after a while you guys will be typing an answer back like this to someone else.Follow manual,Level floor,makes it so easy.P.S. keep a bar handy for those first few times you may have to slid things a little.Good luck

/ Removing FEL bucket from BX2350 #10  
redharley said:
I agree with the rest it is so easy once done several times,I even got my wife doing it although she doesn't like the oil from the hose's on her hands but she can do it.It will take a few times but after a while you guys will be typing an answer back like this to someone else.Follow manual,Level floor,makes it so easy.P.S. keep a bar handy for those first few times you may have to slid things a little.Good luck

Thanks, I appreciate the useful advice...I guess I will have to dig for my manual. :)