Removing GC2310 2450 Front End Loader and 2375 Backhoe

/ Removing GC2310 2450 Front End Loader and 2375 Backhoe
irvingj, Thanks for the reply. You post a lot of good information.

So I'm trying to interpret my colors compared to what others have, and I need to distinguish between two uncolored tractor lines. Is there some way to identify a hose properly so I can add the right colors? The house routing in your pictures and others' pictures seems to vary enough that I can't use that to identify what's what.

I get the overall idea that one is a supply line and one is a return that need to be connected together when the BH is off. When the BH is on, the BH takes a position "in series" in the line and sort of intercepts and uses fluid flow in the loop. I'm not sure what the third line is for.

I could identify which line is which by looking where it goes to on the BH underneath the sheet metal valve body housing (or where it goes on the tractor, but that is almost impossible to trace underneath my tractor because it's so crowded). That info would let a person get hoses properly identified, no matter what colors are used. If you have a blue/white, white, and red on the tractor-side hoses, can you tell me where each of those colored hoses route to on the BH control valve assembly when the BH is properly connected? Lastly, between the wht and wht/blue, do you know which is the supply and which is the return?

/ Removing GC2310 2450 Front End Loader and 2375 Backhoe
pcwolf and irvinj,

Thank you for the explanation. The pictures really help, too. I'll plan for some sagging of the outriggers. I can't really tell if the FEL bucket or BH bucket are in a stable position or if they will sag, too. I imagine if I pull a hydraulic line to replace it, that will relieve all pressure on the BH. I hope it doesn't do some magnificent drop. I'll have to put it under a tree so I can use a block and tackle to pull it back up if need be!

I think my 2006 GC2310 does have 3 hydraulic lines. I'll have to go check tomorrow. The colored zip ties were gone before I got the tractor, so I'll have to make an equivalent marker somehow.
Others,

If a hydraulic hose is removed for maintenance while an attachment is disconnected from the tractor, won't that relieve all the pressure on the pistons, which will immediately succumb to gravity? For example the outrigger arms will immediately collapse if their "down pressure" hydraulic line is removed for maintenance. Correct? Or am I missing something?

/ Removing GC2310 2450 Front End Loader and 2375 Backhoe #13  
Not sure, but depending on how pistons are situated vis-a-vis gravity, yes, I think that could happen.

/ Removing GC2310 2450 Front End Loader and 2375 Backhoe #14  
Welcome to TBN exohomestead,

There's a lot of good information above, may I suggest you purchase the MF Operator Manual's for your tractor.

Maybe the manuals for your tractor might still be hiding behind your drivers seat in the pocket ?

They are a wealth of information for just performing your own maintenance on your tractor.

Here are a few copies from my GC2410 Operator Manual for my backhoe CB05 that may help you out ?

Good luck.

KC

Attachments

• P. 18 CB05 Backhoe 2009 GC2410 Manual.jpg
    P. 18 CB05 Backhoe 2009 GC2410 Manual.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
  • P. 21 CB05 Backhoe 2009 GC2410 Manual.jpg
    P. 21 CB05 Backhoe 2009 GC2410 Manual.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
   / Removing GC2310 2450 Front End Loader and 2375 Backhoe #15  
I've used my 2006 GC2310 for 2 years now. I never removed the FEL or the BH, and now I'd like to. Looks easy to connect and disconnect but I know there are always gotchas waiting to happen. Can you direct me to a simple step-by-step about how to do this? I have all the GC2310 books, but they say nothing about the attachments.

Okay, I know this is probably easy stuff for all the experts, but I have some simple thoughts on my mind:

Are the attachments self-standing when they're disconnected or do I need to be able to lift them?
How do I position the bucket an the backhoe controls so they will stand freely and not move when disconnected?
Do I have to lift these up, or done correctly, should I be able to drive away and later drive back directly to hookup?
Regarding hydraulic hoses, what connects to what when the attachments are removed?
Any concerns about hydraulic fluid running out of the lines?
Exo - have the same tractor. Removing the BH is easy, putting it back on can be a pain. i chose to make a backhoe dolly to make it a little easier. If you are missing and of the colors (red, blue, yellow, etc), my suggestion would be to purchase and install some before you disconnect anything.

/ Removing GC2310 2450 Front End Loader and 2375 Backhoe #16  
If you have a level spot to unmount/mount all that, that's the place to do it. My shed has an entirely unlevel floor, so I'm always dancing with the backhoe to get it mounted back on. I put a wood block under the hoe, and sit it down on it after I unmount it from the tractor. If you leave it off long enough, eventually the bucket curl cylinder will sag also backhoe will tip forward a bit, so keep that in mind.