Removing hydraulic hose

/ Removing hydraulic hose #1  

Quantumkev

Tractor
Ford 4500 Industrial Loader/Backhoe
So this might be a silly question, but I have never done it before so looking for any help/suggestions.

I have a blown hose, and need to get it off. See attached picture of the valve block. The hoses are so close together, that I won’t be able to get a wrench on.

Is the procedure to remove all of the hoses from one end, until you get to the one you are trying to get to? Or is there a better method than that?

Bad hose is third from the right, so do I just remove the other two on the right, so I can get at it?

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

• B51DB21A-8C90-42D9-A87D-7F52FBEA8668.jpeg
    B51DB21A-8C90-42D9-A87D-7F52FBEA8668.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 105
   / Removing hydraulic hose #4  
Use a pin punch and hammer to drive the fitting on the bad hose CCW. Make a divot on the hex, then one good hit with 2# hammer and punch will break it free to then turn easily.

/ Removing hydraulic hose #5  
I do a lot of those. We have a hose making machine just like at the hydraulic store. Yes, I would take lines off to get to the one I need to replace.

/ Removing hydraulic hose #6  
They make some fancy specialty sockets like the ones pictured if like some of us you're always looking for an excuse to buy another tool...

1673062469348.png

/ Removing hydraulic hose #7  
cut the bad hose off and slip a box wrench over it.

/ Removing hydraulic hose #8  
All good suggestion about taking hose off by cutting it and using punches and wrenches and such, but how are you going to tighten it when replaced..... You are going to need room to swing wrench, bite the bullet and remove "other" hoses to get access to bad one....
I would also hit area with solvent and pressure washer, a fairly clean environment to work in will make it less drudgery...

/ Removing hydraulic hose #9  
Exactly what @WranglerX said. If you cannot get a simple box wrench in there to take the fitting off, then you'll never get one on. You're probably not changing out hydraulic hoses often enough to worry about buying expensive wrenches. Simply clean the area well enough, mark the hoses to the block (so you know what hose goes where when your done), and take them off.

However, if you can get a simple open ended wrench on there and are able to turn it, even a little... it sucks, trust me, but just keep going, little by little. It will eventually come off.

If you think your going to be doing this sort of repair more often, then consider getting a better wrench set.

/ Removing hydraulic hose #10  
Is the procedure to remove all of the hoses from one end, until you get to the one you are trying to get to? Or is there a better method than that?
Please post back how you ended up replacing the hose and how well the chosen method worked out.