Removing hydraulic hose

/ Removing hydraulic hose #21  
I've used hammer and center punch to tighten fittings in close quarters after installing finger tight.

/ Removing hydraulic hose
Ok, so it looks like I am taking off two hoses to get at the one that needs to be replaced. While I am in there, as horrible as this job is going to be, I intended on looking at all of the hoses and replacing as many as look suspect. So I know what I am doing on the valve manifold end.

I have watched some YouTube videos, but none of them seem to show what I am up against, which is the hoses for the dipper and bucket connect to hydraulic tubes inside the boom arm. So the hose connects onto the tube inside the boom arm, making it an extremely tight space for me to work in. What I did see in the YouTube videos was people getting cheater bars on wrench’s, or hammering wrenches to get hose ends undone. All things that I have little/no space to do.

When I put wrenches on, I need to make sure I am putting them on the right nuts, as this is going to be difficult enough! With that said, let’s get some feed back on which nuts you think I need to put wrenches on to separate the hose from the tubes. I have numbered them in the attached picture. Please advise which pair of nuts you would put wrenches on on each hose. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1CF16068-3B02-4684-9E6F-04D38C79EE21.jpeg
    1CF16068-3B02-4684-9E6F-04D38C79EE21.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 54
   / Removing hydraulic hose #24  
From the pic i'd say 2-3, 5-6, 8-9.

Also another trick (from other TBN members doing this) is to attach a rope or string to the end(s) of the hoses before pulling them out of the boom - this will be your return savior.

/ Removing hydraulic hose #25  
Removing a few hoses isn’t that hard. You’ll screw around longer fighting it than to just do. Starting the new hose with all those specialty tools that might work to loosen it is almost impossible.

/ Removing hydraulic hose #27  
They make some fancy specialty sockets like the ones pictured if like some of us you're always looking for an excuse to buy another tool...

View attachment 778098
These are ESSENTIAL tools. I have a set of 'crow's foot' sockets, both SAE & Metric. They get used a lot more often than one would think.

My first crows foot wrench was for a distributor hold-down bolt. All Chevy owners know exactly what and why :)