Renault N70 tractor

/ Renault N70 tractor #1  

mboulais

Gold Member
Tractor
2004 Mahindra 4110
I am looking for manuals for a Renault N70 tractor for a friend. Preferably in English. I know this is a long shot, but he is trying to get it running right and manuals would certianly help. Also he is having lots of problems with finding parts. I had an IH 384 that was from england and somewhat rare, but this Renault (from France?) is really hard to find anything on.

/ Renault N70 tractor #2  
Some of the allis chalmers in the 50hp range had frenchie engines.. might try an AC sub.

Soundguy

/ Renault N70 tractor #3  
mboulais,

I was interested in purchasing a Renault tractor but someone got there before me. While I was looking for information a few months ago, I ran across this:

This information is a little dated but it may help: Renault tractor parts, Quebec 450-427-0955 (1999 phone number).

Also on Yesterdays Tractors concerning the Renault N70 a poster from Germany said: "The Renault N70 was built since Sept. 1960. He's got a 35 HP MWM (Motoren Werke Mannheim) engine with 2715 ccm, air cooled German item, may be in America. It is a very rare tractor. Renault also built tractors for an American plant, I believe Oliver or Allis-Chalmers, wheelbase 185 cm, weight 1623 kg, MWM engines".

The post was from 8/2001 and there was a little language translation problem.

I have no idea if this is any help, but it may be a place for your friend to start.

Regards, Mark

/ Renault N70 tractor #4  
I have a Renault N72 1964 model which runs and does a great job, but it don't have a maintenance manual. The old folk look at me stupid and say it's all straight forward no complicated electrics and such, if you don't know you simply don't know need a manual. The engine is made by a German company Motoren Works Mannheim (MWM).
Really appreciate some help.