Renting out you're own equipment?

/ Renting out you're own equipment? #21  
You want to know why most people don’t have any money and sit around griping about how Jeff Bezos makes a billion a year and they can’t pay their mortgage? I’ll tell you why…because most people have the same attitudes as these losers on this thread. Don’t listen to all the naysayers. Make sure it pencils out, get the proper insurance and go do it. A 1025R with a brush hog is renting out for $400/day in my area. You can buy one brand new for $18k and finance for 0% or close to it. In 5 years, it will still be worth $14k or so, so it cost you $4k to own it for 5 years. You only have to rent it out two days a year to cover your cost. Sure, you have maintenance and insurance will be expensive, but if you can rent it out just 20 days a year, you’re talking decent money…and a free tractor for your personal use. If you don’t want to do the math, it’s $8k a year to pay for maintenance and insurance. I’m pretty damn sure that for $8k a year you can pay for insurance on a $18k tractor, maintenance and still have plenty left over for profit.
I have plenty of machinery laying around that if I was concerned about it paying for itself I would go nutty and not own anything. Not concerned about how I could capitalize on my investments so I don't lose momey. If it does break I will just order a new one from my friend Bezos or my local dealer..