Repair Common Kioti Mechanical Injection Pump Failure

/ Repair Common Kioti Mechanical Injection Pump Failure #101  
Follow up to my second pump failure. Well it was a warm day so I pulled the fuel solenoid out and cut off the rod. Plugged it back in only so the wires don’t dangle into the fan. I installed the fuel shut off cable several years back so now I shut the key off then pull the fuel shut off cable. The fuel shut off hole is already in the dash and the cable fit right where it should have been and not that defective setup that was put in place for a few model years. No more rack slamming, tooth busting, rack jamming for me. The parts finder I used was Michigan Iron’s, so that’s the price from their website. I had to manufacture a couple of parts/pieces to make the cable work but hopefully I’ll never have to worry about a broken injector pump again.

Attachments

• IMG_3233.jpeg
    IMG_3233.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3234.jpeg
    IMG_3234.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3235.jpeg
    IMG_3235.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3236.jpeg
    IMG_3236.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3238.png
    IMG_3238.png
    209.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3237.png
    IMG_3237.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 36
   / Repair Common Kioti Mechanical Injection Pump Failure #102  
Nice install bro!👍🏻☮️✌🏻

/ Repair Common Kioti Mechanical Injection Pump Failure #103  
Follow up to my second pump failure. Well it was a warm day so I pulled the fuel solenoid out and cut off the rod. Plugged it back in only so the wires don’t dangle into the fan. I installed the fuel shut off cable several years back so now I shut the key off then pull the fuel shut off cable. The fuel shut off hole is already in the dash and the cable fit right where it should have been and not that defective setup that was put in place for a few model years. No more rack slamming, tooth busting, rack jamming for me. The parts finder I used was Michigan Iron’s, so that’s the price from their website. I had to manufacture a couple of parts/pieces to make the cable work but hopefully I’ll never have to worry about a broken injector pump again.
I thought I was the only one in the "failed twice" injector pump club. The 1st time I had a dealer fix it, but I believe they only fixed the one broken one which mine also let go in the off position and the second time it went (again in the off position) I replaced all 3 of the gears.

/ Repair Common Kioti Mechanical Injection Pump Failure
Concur. Once the IP is off the engine it's barely more difficult or expensive to replace them all (just put all parts back in the same cylinder). If the new gears are tougher that should provide many more years of service. Even if the new gears are no better that resets damage accumulation on the gears to "zero hours."

/ Repair Common Kioti Mechanical Injection Pump Failure #105  
I think ridding your pump of that solenoid slamming is the only way to fully cure the teeth breaking.