Repair videos of my 2004 Foton 254a tractor.

/ Repair videos of my 2004 Foton 254a tractor. #1  
Tractor
2004 Workhorse 2840
Hi All,

I'm new to these forums. My neighbor moved and sold me his 2004 Foton 254a tractor. 287 hours on it now. 281 when I bought it. Here is where I'm at with the repairs.

1. Power steering was dead when I got it. Working now thanks to this fellows video posted in this forum. (2008-foton-254-loud-hydraulic).
2. Would not shift gears hardly ever. Working now. The manual I have, showed tiny drawings of how the clutch has a shifter lockout that had fallen apart.
3. Dash gauge needles shriveled up and most have fallen off. Not started on this yet.
4. Drum brakes are full of gear oil. Making progress on that now. Left side is worn out due to e-brake abuse I suspect. Bought lining, rivets, and rivet setter tool to reline the brakes. Also have new seals that I'll try my diy seal installer tool with soon. Might try a dent puller to remove the seals.

I have started some rough videos of these repairs on Youtube. My channel is Desert Mike DIY. I've found so many other videos very helpful in repairing my tractor that I had to contribute what I could about my repairs.

Mike

/ Repair videos of my 2004 Foton 254a tractor.
   / Repair videos of my 2004 Foton 254a tractor.
30 second video on the rear tire adjustment problem:

/ Repair videos of my 2004 Foton 254a tractor. #4  
Nice video. From what I can see, the left axle shaft is longer. I mentioned measuring that in post #4 in your other thread.