Repairable? Or scrap?

/ Repairable? Or scrap? #21  
$1400 Yikes.

At that price I would try and have it repaired, if you can't find a Good used replacement.

Is that off of IIRC a 5500 Ram?
Didn't realize they went up from 8 lug to 10 above the 1 tons?
The big three went to 10 lugs on the HD one tons. I'm sitting beside a 96 3500 HD that has 10 hole 19.5" wheels on it. My brother has a Ford with same wheels. Super Duty, but it's a company truck. I always get his old tires when he gets new ones.

/ Repairable? Or scrap? #22  
My cousin had a damaged aluminum rim and ordered one through the body shop. He got a refurb and they gave a core credit on the damaged one.
He couldnt tell the refurb from a new one and saved quite a bit.

/ Repairable? Or scrap? #24  
Maybe he hit one of those I destructible armadillos from another thread.

Are they making the replacements out of Platinum? Ouch!

I'm sitting in a Discount tire right now. Ate a screw in my wife's Prius. No spare, it comes with a "repair" kit and a pump. It worked surprisingly well, but now I'm 2 hours into waiting because I couldn't schedule ahead.

/ Repairable? Or scrap?
I’m getting ready to oder (6) used 22.5 aluminum Alcoas from Van Der Haags for $800 for another truck. They’re older & need polishing, but 6 used rims (larger, too) for $800 sounds more like it.

/ Repairable? Or scrap? #27  
   / Repairable? Or scrap? #28  
I have zero experience fixing bent wheels but I’ve seen videos of people fixing as bad or worse. If it’s a back tire I’d probably try it.

/ Repairable? Or scrap? #29  
Aluminum can be fatigue cracked when bent beyond its "yield" (which that certainly is). Unless the rim manufacturer gives you criteria by which damaged can be assessed as repairable, it is scrap. If the rim is repaired by bending, it should be liquid penetrant inspected for cracks before being considered safe. The fact that it is not broken, does not mean it's not cracked, a crack which may grow in the future. A crack may suddenly grow during driving, or while mounting a tire. A rim letting go during tire mounting is bad! I would not want that on my conscience!

/ Repairable? Or scrap?