Replacement for Kubota GR2100

/ Replacement for Kubota GR2100 #1  

Rolando

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat High Flow Turbo C-series
I heard that Kubota will be introducing a new model to replace the GR2100. The dealers will get to see them at their November meeting and should be getting them around March of next year. Does anybody have any dirt on changes or new features?

/ Replacement for Kubota GR2100 #2  
Rolando said:
I heard that Kubota will be introducing a new model to replace the GR2100. The dealers will get to see them at their November meeting and should be getting them around March of next year. Does anybody have any dirt on changes or new features?

No advanced knowledge here.I use a GR2000 and I see a need for more horsepower than the current 20HP Kohler.The power of the engine is lacking,compared to the 4WD climbing ability of the tractor.If it had a dual range hydro or a two-stage pump,like my old woodsplitter,20HP would be enough though.The way I use the tractor it definitely needs more "oomph".

Kubota GR2000

/ Replacement for Kubota GR2100
Hey Locknut, how small a size circle of uncut grass can your GR2000 leave? I'm seeing some comflicting information. The paper literature makes reference to 35 inches, which would be pretty unimpressive. But I've seen reveiews that give a smaller number, and I noticed that on the web site, Kubota has deleted the uncut circle number from their specs. What's the skinny?

Also, I see that there is a front blade option for the GR's that you can lower and raise from the operator's seat. Do you have one, or know anything about it? I'm in Florida, so snow is not very often the problem, but I have some close quarters where it would be handy to have a small machine with a 4 ft blade to do some grading. It seems like it might be sturdy enough to move sand. I've attached some photos from the Kubota web site.

On your original comments, do you suppose the diesel version would have more oomph? It's only one hp more than the GR2000, but I see that the diesel has 25% more displacement, 47.7 verses 38.1 for the gas version.

Thanks for your comments.

Attachments

• Blade-1.jpg
    Blade-1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,147
  • Blade-2.jpg
    Blade-2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,377
  • Blade-3.jpg
    Blade-3.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 565
   / Replacement for Kubota GR2100 #4  
The 48" deck on mine cuts a 44"circle.The 54" deck would be even smaller.Either way,the tractors turn on a dime,tighter than anything I've ever used.
I wish I would have sprung for the diesel model for the extra torque and the fuel savings.Hindsight's always good!
As far as the blade,if it's built as sturdy as the deck you couldn't tear it up if you tried.