Buying Advice Replacement Glass Door for 3510 Cab

/ Replacement Glass Door for 3510 Cab #1  

KenGod

Silver Member
Tractor
CK2610HST
I broke my left door on a tree. My Kioti dealer wants $600 for the left door glass. Is there any after market places that I can purchase for less?
$600 seems excessive for one door glass.
My cab model #CKA132
Thanks

/ Replacement Glass Door for 3510 Cab #2  
Plexiglass cut on a band saw? Call a commercial glass installer and ask whats available from their insulated glass supplier.

/ Replacement Glass Door for 3510 Cab #3  
Check with a local glass company to see if they can supply or cut a safety glass replacement. I have read they can do it for flat panels.

If you substitute any type plastic you want to use polycarbonate (Lexan). NOT acrylic (Plexiglass).

/ Replacement Glass Door for 3510 Cab #4  
If the doors are anything like those on my CK4220, they are quite a specific design, with curved glass, holes for hinges and handles, and dust proof seals. Personally, I'd want the OEM item.

/ Replacement Glass Door for 3510 Cab #5  
A new truck windshield is almost as expensive. Curved glass is not cheap

/ Replacement Glass Door for 3510 Cab #7  
Good to know that Kioti glass is reasonably priced. I would have expected a lot more.

/ Replacement Glass Door for 3510 Cab #8  
Glass at retail is not glass at wholesale-this definitely includes vehicle windshields, plus it also comes in grades.
Flat safety glass is a fact. If flat, buy the plastic as a rectangle then bandsaw it out.

/ Replacement Glass Door for 3510 Cab #9  
Actually @ $600 that is well in line with automotive glass prices and perhaps even on low side.
Big difference is due to lesser volume there are no aftermarket vendors.

/ Replacement Glass Door for 3510 Cab #10  
Been there, done that!

Shell out for the proper door. That helps remind you to NOT do what you did to break the first one! I spent HOURS picking out glass from my woods after breaking my door; it was like staying behind in school to write "I will not..." a hundred times on the chalkboard!

TIP: ALWAYS close cab doors; no exceptions (otherwise you'll make excuses that will get you right back into this situation)

I had about 700 hrs on my NX when I blew out my left door. Considering the environment I have, all those predicting it to be idiocy to operate cabbed tractors in woods, I feel that it's really no more than normal wear and tear: of course, I'd have to go another 700 hrs to make this work out.