Replacement Loader valve for a V-tek Loader?

/ Replacement Loader valve for a V-tek Loader?
I don't know much about this, maybe someone can explain.

A PS kit includes a 'proportioning valve' so the PS gets fluid before the loader will. I think this causes the slow loader response at low rpm, in contrast to a non-PS tractor where loader hydraulics work about the same at any rpm.

Anybody know more about this?

That is true about the proportioning valve that comes with the Hoye PS kit. The trouble is that is has a range of say 0 to 10 where 0 allows no fluid to the PS and 10 gives it all of the fluid. Mine is at about a 3. If I went to 2 the loader would work great, but I would be back to manual steering. If I went to 4, the power steering was smooth as butter but no loader functions. There is not much room for error. So I had to adjust mine right in the middle where the PS worked as you would want it while I still had use of the loader. The fact remains while the tractor is at low idle, there is not enough pressure or fluid to have all three systems function like it did without PS. For example, if I started the tractor in the beginning of the day and idle it at 1000 to 1500 to allow warm up and I need to lift the 3pt (or loader) for an adjustment i would have to increase the rpms significantly just to get the 3pt to move. Before PS, the loader or 3pt would raise at low idle.

So the plot thickens for me but I also lucked out a bit in the long run. The valve came and I started to do some prep work making sure I have all of the adapters and such. Because I will be using PBY to power the 3Pt, I need to have made another hose that goes from the loader valve to the tank. I happened to call the tech support folks at Brand to verify this is correct and the tech started asking me a few questions and told me I had the wrong valve in the sense that the controls would be backwards. In other word when I put the joystick forward to lower the boom, I would be tilting the bucket backwards. So, I have to swap this out. If you look at the link Wooly provided (Thank you Wooly) there are three different jostick configurations that are orderable. The Correct part number for a joystick valve with regeneration and float where the joystick lowers and raises the boom in the direction of the hose ports is a LV22TKRFSA3B. You can also purchase it with PBY by adding a W after the B or by purchasing the LV2-W Power beyond adapter separately. I give this info for the next user to use in case they have a Vtek loader with the BLB loader valve that needs replacement. I will show some additional pictures after I install, but it seems like it will go in pretty effortlessly to the bracket on the loader. Looks like I may have to drill a hole or two to match up to the new valve to mount it.

/ Replacement Loader valve for a V-tek Loader? #22  
My loader is about the same,,Slow at idle,and mine is all factory.. I used PB to power my 3 PT after adding the Thumb Grapple

/ Replacement Loader valve for a V-tek Loader? #23  
Hi Scotty-

How's this upgrade coming? Do you need/want me to post photos of my setup?

I had a setback Wooly - The correct loader valve I need is 4 weeks out from Brand Hydraulics - Go figure, it is not a common in the configuration I need. So I am going to lay up and order one in the correct configuration but without regeneration. Waiting 4 weeks is too long. Hopefully I can order the new valve on Monday and have it next week and install it then. Its funny how you can't live without a tractor for too long once you are used to one!

/ Replacement Loader valve for a V-tek Loader? #25  
Bummer about the delay, though I understand, not wanting to wait 4 weeks. Are there any other valve choices that might get you all that you are looking for without the 4-week wait?

Just an update to finish this thread.

I received the correct loader valve but without the regeneration. I went with the Brand product because it was cost effective and the other valves (like Prince) I could not figure out what part number would order the correct orientation of the valve. At least on my Vtek, the joystick is facing the hoses and when pushing the stick forward drops the loader arms and vice versa. Left and right tilt the bucket. Apparently most valves are configured differently and do not come this way. It was important for me so I didn't have to run new hoses as they flex when the loader arms move and there wasn't a lot of excess hose length to mess around with.

It was pretty straight forward install - had to make up an additional plate so I could use all three mounting holes in the new valve with the existing mounting area. Additionally, I ran PB to the 3pt and a seperate path from the loader valve to the reservoir. All is working and with no leaks! Changing out the valve did not improve any of the responsiveness of the loader with the aftermarket power steering.

Original BLB Loader valve:

Mounting Plate I made:

Port I used as a return from loader valve to tank. I had a 6 1/2 foot hose made and ran that under the tractor to this port which was right near where the 3pt arm is.

Hose installed with 45 degree angle to miss the 3pt arm

Original mounting plate:

Installed in old location with new additional mounting plate

Loader Valve installed:

Just a shot showing the hoses running the length of the loader arms and showing there isn't any additional hose length to spare unless I ran new hoses

/ Replacement Loader valve for a V-tek Loader? #27  
Nice job, thanks for the pictures.

/ Replacement Loader valve for a V-tek Loader? #28  
@Scotty-

Glad to see you got it all back together. Very nicely done.

/ Replacement Loader valve for a V-tek Loader? #29  
nice job.

This time of year there is not really any snow even for yall and the grass is not growing yet, i think i would of waited the 4 weeks for the valve to have regen....then again i dont know how you use your tractor and i dont even have a loader...ha!

/ Replacement Loader valve for a V-tek Loader? #30  
Love my loader. If I could put in bucket seats in the thing, people would get a redneck Arizona ride around the neighborhood with upfront views!!!