Replacing 1 tire - or 2?

/ Replacing 1 tire - or 2? #1  

3Ts

Elite Member
Tractor
Case, Kubota, John Deere
There is a thread about whether just the front tires need to be replaced or all four, answer was that just the fronts. My question goes one step further. On the front axle of a 4wd tractor, can just one tire be replaced or do both sides need replacing? The left front has a leak in it and I have to inflate the tire every time I use it and I can't park it to far from my air compressor as a result. The tires are about 13 years old and have cracks in the sidewalls and chunks missing from the lugs. If it weren't for the one tire leaking air so much, I would not replace them yet. I've had it in to the shop and they can stop it for a short while before it leaks again. So, can I replace just the one tire or do I need to replace both?

/ Replacing 1 tire - or 2? #3  
As long as it is the same brand, type, and size, replacing one is ok. Switching brands or type, replace both

/ Replacing 1 tire - or 2? #4  
With tubes you would be suprised how many/deep cracks you can have with out an issue. 13yr old tires arnt very old.

I have 21yr old beat juice loaded rear tires with no tubes and there just starting to show some seeping through the cracks. On the other hand another 1957 Ford has tubes and calcium rear tires that have so many cracks and chunks missing I think the tire chains are what's keeping them together..yet it dosnt have any leaks.

Put a tube in the tire if the tread is still decent enough.

/ Replacing 1 tire - or 2? #6  
Put a tube in and keep working.

/ Replacing 1 tire - or 2? #8  
With inflation and supply chain issues, it might be cheaper overall to replace both now instead of spending more time and paying more for another tire later.