Replacing Hydraulic Fuild Advice Needed

/ Replacing Hydraulic Fuild Advice Needed #1  

LSU-Mike

I've had the right side bucket hydraulic cylinder repaired on my Mahindra 2615 with a ML106 FEL, How do I address draining the old fluid out of the FEL system? Neither the tractor manual nor the FEL manual address this. Shame on me, but I never thought about special attention to the FEL when replacing hydraulic in the past.
Thanks
Mike

/ Replacing Hydraulic Fuild Advice Needed #2  
Not following your question... you had repaired a cylinder. It will self bleed the air out automatically, and if you are talking about fluid change for the whole system and trying to remove all the oil in the hoses... there isn't that much oil in the hoses/cylinders to worry about contamination of the brand new oil.

If you are talking about removing the cylinder and working on it. Have a bucket near by to pour the oil in once you removed the hoses. Purge the oil out by working it back and forth.

/ Replacing Hydraulic Fuild Advice Needed #3  
I've had the right side bucket hydraulic cylinder repaired on my Mahindra 2615 with a ML106 FEL, How do I address draining the old fluid out of the FEL system? Neither the tractor manual nor the FEL manual address this. Shame on me, but I never thought about special attention to the FEL when replacing hydraulic in the past.
Thanks
Mike
The FEL uses the tractor hydraulic system. Change the hydraulic oil in the tractor and what is left in the hoses is minimal (assuming all cylinders are fully retracted) and isn't enough to contaminate the gallons of oil in the system just as 'old and tired' said. Between the oil screen and the hydraulic filter, they should easily catch any particulates you might be worried about.

/ Replacing Hydraulic Fuild Advice Needed
Sorry for being unclear. I was wondering if it is necessary to try to remove the fluid from the other cylinders and hoses. Now I know that's not necessary. I will be sure to retract all cylinders first.
Thanks gentlemen.

/ Replacing Hydraulic Fuild Advice Needed #5  
Sorry for being unclear. I was wondering if it is necessary to try to remove the fluid from the other cylinders and hoses. Now I know that's not necessary. I will be sure to retract all cylinders first.
Thanks gentlemen.
Ya, it's like changing car's transmission fluid where you never get all of it out. No worries.

/ Replacing Hydraulic Fuild Advice Needed #6  
You just top off the fluid after you reinstall the cylinder and operate the hydraulics to burp the air from the lines.