Replacing Water Pump on Case 495

/ Replacing Water Pump on Case 495 #1  

sammi21

Tractor
Case 495
Hello All,

First time for us to replace the water pump on our Case 495 (its leaking like a sieve).

We have a service manual, but it does not address the procedures for replacing the water pump directly - it includes the procedures for replacing the water pump within the camshaft removal/installation (steps 36 - 48 on pages 2040-10 thru 2040-12).

Do we need to remove the radiator in order to replace the water pump?

Also curious if any of you leave the front end loader on when replacing the water pump. We were planning on removing it but just checking if it was absolutely necessary.

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

/ Replacing Water Pump on Case 495 #2  
Hello All,

First time for us to replace the water pump on our Case 495 (its leaking like a sieve).

We have a service manual, but it does not address the procedures for replacing the water pump directly - it includes the procedures for replacing the water pump within the camshaft removal/installation (steps 36 - 48 on pages 2040-10 thru 2040-12).

Do we need to remove the radiator in order to replace the water pump?

Also curious if any of you leave the front end loader on when replacing the water pump. We were planning on removing it but just checking if it was absolutely necessary.

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I did the water pump on a 495. 2200 loader was already off (mounts stayed on) I removed the hood and grill/grill guard, drained coolant and removed the radiator (it needed repair)

Loader could easily stay on it you raised it fully and propped it up.

I later had to replace the fan a few years back and was able to do that without removing the rad so water pump might be entirely possible. I think took the hood off since the fan wouldn't fit out the side of the hood.

/ Replacing Water Pump on Case 495 #3  
I have a case 485 which l replaced the water pump two or three years ago. I didn’t have to remove radiator.