Replacment alternator

/ Replacment alternator #1  

kinghesh

Tractor
Yanmar ym2000bd
Hey y'all,

I have a Yanmar ym2000bd and I need to replace the alternator and I am wondering what brand I should use. I have look into it a bit but just wanted to see what people with more experience say.

/ Replacment alternator #2  
Hey y'all,

I have a Yanmar ym2000bd and I need to replace the alternator and I am wondering what brand I should use. I have look into it a bit but just wanted to see what people with more experience say.
The simplest solution is go to Autozone etc and tell them you have a 73 Datsun (Nissan) 510 without air conditioning. Same alternator and regulator.

Or you could tell them 'With A/C' for more amps, but that alternator is fatter. So you would need to make a longer adjustment strap, longer belt, maybe a different mount under the alternator.

As I recall the Datsun-spec alternator is 25 amps vs 10 as supplied to Yanmar, or something like that. In the same outer shell.

I did this in 2003 (regulator too) and it still works fine.

/ Replacment alternator #3  
Rebuild the one you have. I finally had to get mine rebuilt for a YM2000 same starter in 6/2011 for 75.00$. Not the first complaint. US. JD. 240 also same starter. Not much to them. The shop mentioned they could see were I was in the brushes of mine. It quit and I added an extra 3yrs use out of the starter just basicly cleaning it up and turning them around!!! Any Auto Eec. shop should do it.

/ Replacment alternator #4  
Just before you spend the money on a new alternator, be certain that the entire alternator circuit is working. That was the problem on my JD, which I found after I spent the money for a new regulator. For my experience, the wiring harness seems to be about the most trouble prone parts of tractors/ATV's, all the things which plug in seem to be more reliable!