repower

/ repower
Guys, you have to hear this. I called all the numbers on the Robin site for dealers and nobody handles Robin anymore.So i can't cross ref. the number on my engine because PT. takes it off and uses there own set of numbers......
this makes a Kohler a better deal i can get parts or a motor with in 5 miles...jim

/ repower #22  
That is scary. Did you call Robin directly?

/ repower
Bob, i called them,they can't cross ref. anything without the numbers that PT. takes off.So you fly in decreasing circles till you fly up your on *****,what a bunch of BS..........jim

/ repower #24  
Bob, i called them,they can't cross ref. anything without the numbers that PT. takes off.So you fly in decreasing circles till you fly up your on *****,what a bunch of BS..........jim

That is bad. We had better get good a putting in Kohlers. I have pumps on both sides of the motor. I think this requires some machining.

/ repower #25  
My Robin 25hp engine has the tag: Model# EH720DS00116306. Hope that helps.

My engine ingested a bunch of dust a couple of years ago when the air filter failed. It's showing increasing evidence of ring failure. I've been wondering what to replace it with. The Honda is smaller displacement and rated at less horsepower and torque than the Robin. I want more power, not less. I may end up rebuilding and tweaking a bit for more power.

/ repower #26  
That is bad. We had better get good a putting in Kohlers. I have pumps on both sides of the motor. I think this requires some machining.

Folks, I am pretty sure that the 25 HP Kohlers were built to order for Power Trac. Perhaps I should say supplied to order, as they may have be been built for for others as well.

Kohler has what I refer to as a "build number." I am not sure what they actually call it, but it is a number that tells someone with the right books exactly what was put on and in the motor, and what was left off. The number was intact on my PT-425 the last time I looked. I am travelling at the moment, but will post it for anyone interested as soon as I get back, if MR or someone else doesn't beat me to it. ;)

BTW, no machining is required AFAIK. Kohler has an option to drive stuff of both ends. It should be in that build number.

/ repower
Gravy, I saw that too,but you are in the same boat nobody handles them around here. If i go with a kohler now i shouldn't have a problem on parts later.
You should be able to get the parts at PT. to change over to a kohler. The owners manual for a 425 that has the pumps on both ends will have the numbers for pump motor mount weldment, coupler adaptor,coupler,spider and pump adaptor and coupler. That should let you bolt the motor in with factory parts.any kohler 28 for sure maybe more. The only thing now would be the wiring,the old 425 would have that also...........jim

/ repower #29  
My Robin 25hp engine...ingested a bunch of dust a couple of years ago when the air filter failed.
I noticed that SuburuAmerica.com site now shows an "alternate configuration" available for the 22 and 25 Hp motors. This is a canister type air filter that "ensures engine protection even in high dust environments."

Seems like this should be standard equipment on PT. I notice the larger Kohler engines seem to have this type of air filter.

Subaru Robin - Optional Configuration

Robin_Air_Cleaner.png

/ repower #30  
I noticed that SuburuAmerica.com site now shows an "alternate configuration" available for the 22 and 25 Hp motors. This is a canister type air filter that "ensures engine protection even in high dust environments."

Seems like this should be standard equipment on PT. I notice the larger Kohler engines seem to have this type of air filter.

Kohlers can be ordered with any of their air filters. Unfortunately, the high capacity filter won't begin to fit under the hood of a Kohler powered Power Trac. :(

It's too bad that PT didn't put a little more thought into their design. When you consider the range of implements available for most models, their failure to incorporate a high capacity air filter for operation in dusty environments is really sad for a "commercial" product.