Request for beam calculation, please.

/ Request for beam calculation, please.
Is something like this what your trying to accomplish ? View attachment 539832

Yep exactly. Except homemade.

Not as HD and certainly not as expensive! $1200!!! Ouch!

Also does not have to have adjustable width.

And now I know what they are called: Lawn Mower Adapters.

Thanks!

ETA: And it's from the same people that made my lift: Atlas. here's my lift: Atlas(R) PV-12P Overhead 12, lbs. capacity Adjustable Height 2 Post Car Lift (EXTRA WIDE/EXTRA TALL) | GSES

ATPK-PV12P-02.jpg

Why would you even consider a 1000 lb load on such a tiny member? 2x2x0.25 would be something to consider and it's still dirt cheap. 4x4x0.25 would be much better if you want a human under that load.

Ability to drive over it. Obviously it's going to have to be something heavier duty.

Maybe I need to think orthogonally:

speedlane_0209.jpg

/ Request for beam calculation, please. #14  
Yep, I’ve too thought about building one also, I had seen that style also hen I was looking for the pic I posted.

Yep, I’ve too thought about building one also, I had seen that style also hen I was looking for the pic I posted.

Plus the advantage of the type on my post #13 is that it would also be useful for small car that sometimes a pain to find a hard point. Use that platform cover a good part of it with that 3/4" hard rubber mat from Tractor Supply (horse stall mat) and lift away. Another advantage is that the structure is oriented front-back vs. side-to-side, so it won't interfere with anything in the center of the vehicle.

/ Request for beam calculation, please. #16  
Without doing any calcs, I wouldn't even attempt to lift my lawnmower with a 1x1 square beam as configured.