Rescia Guiliano Snow Blower

/ Rescia Guiliano Snow Blower #1  

Ford850

Tractor
Case DX55, Ford 850
I'm wondering if there are any good reviews or comparisons of the Rescia Guilliano blowers compared to BCS, or even Berta. I've only read about them on Earth Tools, and they look interesting with the side drive. That 32" width looks like a beast for a single stage blower, but I'm not sure how that push-pull chute direction change would fell compared to cranking. The RG also has only 140* chute direction range compared to BCS's 190*. I've always been impressed with my BCS blower, but if I trade off the 605 for a 853, I would probably trade the tiller and blower with it for all new. It's snow season now, so how many of you are using a RG blower?

/ Rescia Guiliano Snow Blower #2  
   / Rescia Guiliano Snow Blower #3  
I have an RG blower that I bought this year. I tried it last spring on the last of our snow when it was first delivered. I was able to clog it with slush that was freezing as it left the chute. But other than that, I have not been able to clog it at all. I used it a couple times this winter. It does have a tendency to climb up when there is a layer of ice above the ground but I bet almost any blower will do that. However, when I held the handlebars down, the blower chewed up the 1 inch layer of ice and threw it far away. My wife came out complaining that I was pelting the side of the house 50 feet away. I'm lucky I didn't break a window.

There were two things that I was a little disappointed with concerning the blower. The first is the push/pull mechanism that aims the chute. You are right about that limiting the rotation to less than 180 degrees. Using the control rod, you cannot shoot the snow directly to either side. The most you can do is about 45 degrees or a little more so you have to get creative with your blowing technique at times. I relayed this back to Joel at Earth Tools. Hopefully he will talk to the folks at RG and they can come up with a better set-up. I guess they were trying to cut costs or something when they designed this. Or maybe they think it is a more foolproof mechanism that is less likely to freeze up. I tried removing the rod and rotated the chute by hand, but the chute would not stay in the position I set it at. Maybe one of the bolts holding the chute on could be replaced with a knob to tighten it in a position. The best solution, in my opinion, would be to have RG redesign the chute mechanism and release an upgrade kit to existing and future customers.

The second item was the nut that locks the upper part of the chute. The knob is too small in diameter so the force of the snow kept moving the chute to its full vertical position. Joel suggested putting a large washer under the tightening knob and that worked. So, that issue is easy to resolve.

Overall, I think the blower works very well. I really don't have experience with other blowers so I don't have prior experience to compare with. Other than the really heavy wet slush, the blower moved snow very well and was capable of throwing it a good distance. In fact, as with my ice experience, you had better be careful where you aim the chute. I do think the side design is very good and makes the blower nearly as good as a two stage blower. If you look closely at the center of the auger, those flat plates rotate and throw the snow up and out of the chute with great force. You just have to keep the chain greased using the zerks.

/ Rescia Guiliano Snow Blower #4  
For 20 years I used an 8 hp Bolens snow blower. It was rugged and I replaced parts and it just kept going. The heated hand grips were nice. What I did not like was how heavy it was and turning by rocking it back and manhandling it. The cub cadet with fingertip steering is a big improvement. I never need to lean on the handlebars to turn it. It is a feature I'd recommend. - As for slush- bite off less and keep the blower spinning fast until it is all out.

Last edited:
   / Rescia Guiliano Snow Blower
I have an RG blower that I bought this year. I tried it last spring on the last of our snow when it was first delivered. I was able to clog it with slush that was freezing as it left the chute. But other than that, I have not been able to clog it at all. I used it a couple times this winter. It does have a tendency to climb up when there is a layer of ice above the ground but I bet almost any blower will do that. However, when I held the handlebars down, the blower chewed up the 1 inch layer of ice and threw it far away. My wife came out complaining that I was pelting the side of the house 50 feet away. I'm lucky I didn't break a window.

There were two things that I was a little disappointed with concerning the blower. The first is the push/pull mechanism that aims the chute. You are right about that limiting the rotation to less than 180 degrees. Using the control rod, you cannot shoot the snow directly to either side. The most you can do is about 45 degrees or a little more so you have to get creative with your blowing technique at times. I relayed this back to Joel at Earth Tools. Hopefully he will talk to the folks at RG and they can come up with a better set-up. I guess they were trying to cut costs or something when they designed this. Or maybe they think it is a more foolproof mechanism that is less likely to freeze up. I tried removing the rod and rotated the chute by hand, but the chute would not stay in the position I set it at. Maybe one of the bolts holding the chute on could be replaced with a knob to tighten it in a position. The best solution, in my opinion, would be to have RG redesign the chute mechanism and release an upgrade kit to existing and future customers.

The second item was the nut that locks the upper part of the chute. The knob is too small in diameter so the force of the snow kept moving the chute to its full vertical position. Joel suggested putting a large washer under the tightening knob and that worked. So, that issue is easy to resolve.

Overall, I think the blower works very well. I really don't have experience with other blowers so I don't have prior experience to compare with. Other than the really heavy wet slush, the blower moved snow very well and was capable of throwing it a good distance. In fact, as with my ice experience, you had better be careful where you aim the chute. I do think the side design is very good and makes the blower nearly as good as a two stage blower. If you look closely at the center of the auger, those flat plates rotate and throw the snow up and out of the chute with great force. You just have to keep the chain greased using the zerks.

Thank you for the detailed review. This sounds very much like what I expected to hear about the limited chute design unfortunately. That alone is keeping the BCS blower rated higher for my use. Plugging with heavy slush volume can happen with any blower, and it does with my BCS sometimes. The side design looks interesting to me, but I've never had anything plug mine against the center gearbox. From what I read on Earth Tools, the RG is heavier which I liked.
My BCS blower has an lever/cable operated chute defector which is nice to adjust from high to low on the fly. But it is tricky to get the settings tight enough to allow adjustment while still holding it in place when heavy snow loads are flying through there. The newer BCS blowers don't have the cable adjustment, and just have the knobs on the sides like the RG. I'd say they are equal in that area.

/ Rescia Guiliano Snow Blower #6  
You are welcome. Good luck with whatever choice you make.