"Resistance is futile" or "If you ever doubted the toughness of powder coating."

/ "Resistance is futile" or "If you ever doubted the toughness of powder coating." #1  

mjncad

Tractor
A couple
"Resistance is futile" or "If you ever doubted the toughness of powder coating."

I had to make a "gear puller" to remove a stuck lift arm from a FIMCO sprayer. The captions in my album at the link below tell the story.

I called FIMCO and they do not make a Quick-Hitch adapter kit, so I will be making one ASAP as all of our snow this year should insure a bumper crop of weeds.

I bought the sprayer through Gempler's and I want to compliment both FIMCO and Gempler's for having actual live human beings who answer their 1-800 numbers. No automated answering systems designed to frustrate customers into hanging up; no "Press 1 for English" nonsense. Each time I called both companies, I got friendly and helpful people on the line...it was a refreshing change.

Picasa Web Albums - Matt - "Resistance i...

/ "Resistance is futile" or "If you ever doubted the toughness of powder coating." #2  
Re: "Resistance is futile" or "If you ever doubted the toughness of powder coating."

You just needed a bigger hammer:D

/ "Resistance is futile" or "If you ever doubted the toughness of powder coating."
Re: "Resistance is futile" or "If you ever doubted the toughness of powder coating."

A bigger hammer, or Popeye arm muscles.:)

Oh well, it was good metal working practice for me. How's that for a positive spin?

/ "Resistance is futile" or "If you ever doubted the toughness of powder coating." #4  

What you needed was one of these setups, about $15 from Harbor Freight...........
I710.gif

/ "Resistance is futile" or "If you ever doubted the toughness of powder coating."

I'll bet that would have worked too. I'm not a big fan of Harbor Freight, so I didn't bother to check their web site.

Oh well, it still was good fabrication experience if nothing else.

Thanks for cluing me in on the H-F puller. I'll keep it in mind if I run into a similar situation where the "BORG Cube" won't fit.

/ "Resistance is futile" or "If you ever doubted the toughness of powder coating." #6  

Do they make quick hitch adapter plates to allow the combo to be QA capable??

flINTLOCK said:
Do they make quick hitch adapter plates to allow the combo to be QA capable??

I assume you are asking if FIMCO makes a Quick-Hitch adapter kit for the sprayer? When I called them, they told me they did not, so I am going to make my own. I always do my best to make any Quick-Hitch adapters for my implements to function with a Quick-Hitch or with the standard 3-point hitch without having to remove hardware from the implement.

The King Kutter Karryall adapters (see album link in my signature) I made work with my Quick-Hitch or a standard 3-point hitch.

I've started obtaining the hardware I need for the adapter and I hope to figure out how much 1/4" flat I need to obtain from the scrap yard tomorrow. After that I hope to start making chips in the shop fabricating the adapter on Saturday or Sunday.

I hope I understood and answered your question.