Restoring JD Mode l09 Sickle Mower

/ Restoring JD Mode l09 Sickle Mower #1  

puzlrock

Tractor
Massey 165
Hello, I have purchased a Model 9 mower that needs some parts. Specifically I need to find the seal for the pitman shaft that holds the 80-90 in. I would appreciate any help. Thank you puzlrock

/ Restoring JD Mode l09 Sickle Mower
Sorry I meant Model 09

/ Restoring JD Mode l09 Sickle Mower #3  
"Model 9"

Have you asked at your JD Dealer?

Dimensions taken with a set of Vernier Calipers will enable your local bearing/seal factor to supply a substitute.

Item #36 ?

Drive.JPG

/ Restoring JD Mode l09 Sickle Mower #4  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our John Deere section. Maybe someone over there will know :)

/ Restoring JD Mode l09 Sickle Mower #5  
Hello, Thank you for the information on the Model 09 JD mower. I will get on this today. Thanks Again. Puzlrock

Hello, I have purchased a Model 9 mower that needs some parts. Specifically I need to find the seal for the pitman shaft that holds the 80-90 in. I would appreciate any help. Thank you puzlrock
I have the same mower and I got that seal at John Deere about a year ago. They just have to go get the old parts book and it is in there.
Good Luck
Don N

/ Restoring JD Mode l09 Sickle Mower #8  
Bottom shaft seal on #9 mower is AH15738 $24.40. Have you considered utilizing Corn head lube? That's is the lubricant I have in my JD 709 rotary mower gearbox that has a faulty lower seal

Bottom shaft seal on #9 mower is AH15738 $24.40. Have you considered utilizing Corn head lube? That's is the lubricant I have in my JD 709 rotary mower gearbox that has a faulty lower seal
Corn head oil is great stuff, you can get it at your John Deere dealer. On the older dozers it can be used to lubricate the rollers, idlers and track carrier.