Retirement Planning - Lessons Learned

/ Retirement Planning - Lessons Learned #112  
I always thought that gold was safer in the sense that, even if the economy collapses or inflation skyrockets, gold will retain a stable amount of real buying power. In less extreme scenarios, gold will under-perform compared to the general market, but in the long run, you aren't going to lose your investment with gold.

Is that incorrect?

Absolutely correct. I have build up a nice retirement with Gold. Anyone who says _______ ________ says gold is not a good investment, I can find 5 more who say its an excellent investment.
Never gone wrong with it. Same with silver.

Opinions are like a-holes.

Gold has been around since the early ages of civilization. That speaks volumes over Warren Buffett and Dave Ramsey

/ Retirement Planning - Lessons Learned #114  
If the economy collapses, no one will have money to buy your gold. Think about that.

If that happens, gold will REPLACE your vaunted fiat paper money

/ Retirement Planning - Lessons Learned #115  
If the economy collapses, no one will have money to buy your gold. Think about that.

Unless the entire world economy collapses *someone* will buy it. If I was a wealthy man in Venezuela, and I kept all my money in cash, I would be broke today. If I kept all my money in gold, I could exchange it for a viable currency and go live somewhere else.

I don't invest in gold, but I always thought it was a hedge against real SHTF scenarios.

/ Retirement Planning - Lessons Learned #116  
Stocks perform best when there's a split congress.

attachment.php

View attachment 684449

Wall Street loves gridlock. Means very little gets done. If something does get done it has to be supported by both parties - so the likelihood of it being anti-growth is low.

MoKelly

/ Retirement Planning - Lessons Learned #117  
Unless the entire world economy collapses *someone* will buy it. If I was a wealthy man in Venezuela, and I kept all my money in cash, I would be broke today. If I kept all my money in gold, I could exchange it for a viable currency and go live somewhere else.

I don't invest in gold, but I always thought it was a hedge against real SHTF scenarios.

Exactly. I have found gold to be very easy to buy, sell and keep an eye on current value. Same with silver. It has been an accepted form of currency for thousands of years. It is a precious commodity.
Its NOT something I would fill my portfolio with, its a hedge against inflation, which is all I stated it was in the first place.
With inflation/hyper inflation on the horizon, Gold is constantly an experts pick as a hedge against it.

Any clown can illustrate the downside of gold, but nobody can give a downside to it when inflation is out of control.

Gold has outperformed U.S. stocks over the past 15 years, with the yellow metal gaining an average 9.2 percent a year and the S&P gaining 9.05 percent a year with dividends reinvested.:cool2:

/ Retirement Planning - Lessons Learned #119  
Wall Street loves gridlock. Means very little gets done. If something does get done it has to be supported by both parties - so the likelihood of it being anti-growth is low.

MoKelly

:thumbsup::thumbsup: