Retirement Planning - Lessons Learned

/ Retirement Planning - Lessons Learned #1,431  
Getting rid of my first wife was the best retirement move I ever made. She never had a job she couldn't quit in 6 weeks or less. I caught her once vandalizing her own car because she wanted a new one. I sent her to college three times, and she dropped out each time after it was too late to get a tuition refund. All she wanted to do was stay home and watch soap operas all day and scream at me all night. I think she filed for divorce because she wanted to force me to give her more money, and totally freaked out when I held the line and forced sale of the home to split our assets. She wanted alimony, and didn't get that either. The woman was an anchor chain around my life.
Are you sure she didn't just need help and understanding, maybe she grew up deprived? You being the troubadour of the downtrodden and all. And being rich yourself. :oops:

That said, I would have done the same....

Last edited:
   / Retirement Planning - Lessons Learned #1,432  
Larry, good for you

/ Retirement Planning - Lessons Learned #1,433  
We celebrated our 56 year wedding anniversary yesterday. We were married after I completed my engineering degree at 24 and she was 19. We were very poor in the early years but life was good and we traveled a lot over the years around USA and the world. We adopted 9 kids and spent a lot time overcoming some of the abuse they had suffered. We are now relaxing on the Farm at the Appalachian trail with our Sheltie