Retirement thoughts Past Present Future

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #281  

This is something I need to get up to speed on before I turn 73.
The IRS has come up with a new actuarial table that may let your 401k last until you turn 90. RMDs are dropping quite a bit next year. I took advantage of the RMD holiday in 2020, and really wish I could reserve more for end of life expenses, which promise to mount steadily.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #282  
Dating is no way to start a relationship. My wife and I were friends for three years before we ever had our first date.
Isnt taking a “friend” out to a movie, dinner, etc a “date”?

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #283  
Isnt taking a “friend” out to a movie, dinner, etc a “date”?
Yes. A 'date' can be either a social or romantic appointment or engagement.

However, not too many of us are going to say "I have a date with a friend."

I'm going out with a friend = social
I've got a date = romantic

At least that's the way my wife and I use the term.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #286  

This is something I need to get up to speed on before I turn 73.
73? Did they change it? I turn 72 this year, and got a letter from the firm that handles my IRA telling me I need to start taking them this year. Well, technically I can put it off until next year since it'll be my first, but I'll still have to take one for 2023 too.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #287  
73? Did they change it? I turn 72 this year, and got a letter from the firm that handles my IRA telling me I need to start taking them this year. Well, technically I can put it off until next year since it'll be my first, but I'll still have to take one for 2023 too.
No it's 72 but if you turn 72 this year you have until April 1st of next year (the year you would turn 73) but like you said you also have to take 2023's RMD by December 31st. Bigger chunk for them to tax?

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future
Not sure about it but the House of Representatives in their make Social Security great again bill had made some changes I literally do not know if it's post senate or presenate.

I'm down at the new horse pasture and a stretch a fence wire got strung on the wrong side so I can't use the wire ties so I'm zip tying it for the night later.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #290  
Dating is no way to start a relationship. My wife and I were friends for three years before we ever had our first date.
Different things for different people I guess. That probably works when you're younger, but at my age things are different. Some of the women I meet have already buried a husband...

My brother and his first wife dated through HS, and got married when he was a sophomore in college. That lasted about 4 years.
He met a woman and married her two weeks later; they will be celebrating their 26th anniversary this year.