Retirement thoughts Past Present Future

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #81  
We did it to them
Actually, The System did.

Keep in mind that The [economic] System was designed to operate as a perpetual motion machine, working assumption was infinite resources (and growth). Sadly, utter logic fail. So here we are... No clue how to resolve: I suppose that's what wars are for (and which is why we have the big one coming on as we speak): bury bad books (hoping that it's your bad books that can be buried- to the "victor" goes the reward of being able to do this; to all others, pay up!)

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #82  
The electives are not listed (Note: “FREE ELECTIVE”). Those are frequently BS classes where the indoctrination nonsense takes place.
I had professors in college who would spew on for hours about pollution in the middle of a chem or bio class.
It isnt limited to any specific class, or year in college.

If you think liberal college campus indoctrination isnt taking place on college campuses, your head is planted real deep in the sand. Trust me, todays college kids are under full scale brainwashing, with the exception of engineering, physics, chem, etc. Theres not a lot you can do there.…..although I wouldnt put it past them.
Well, our kids chose not to take BS classes as electives, I guess.

Look, I get it. I was going to be an English teacher. Then I got into the English program and found out how things work. My first 3 classes were taught by the chair of the English department. She was a militant man-hater. All men (both of us) in her class got a C and all women in her class got an A. I couldn't figure it out until I was sitting in a bar with the other man in the class. We were both 19 year old lifeguards. We had half a dozen divorced women students that would by us beer at lunch. We were lamenting the grades when they told us why we'd never get good grades in that woman's classes. Then I got it. I quit that school and went into electronics at the local technical college.

I've told both of our kids about it. And as I mentioned, the sociology kid figured it out as well and didn't buy into anything they didn't agree with. The biology kid never ran into any of that.

So raise strong minded kids that can think for themselves before you send them out into the world. By then, it's too late.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #83  
Well, our kids chose not to take BS classes as electives, I guess.

Look, I get it. I was going to be an English teacher. Then I got into the English program and found out how things work. My first 3 classes were taught by the chair of the English department. She was a militant man-hater. All men (both of us) in her class got a C and all women in her class got an A. I couldn't figure it out until I was sitting in a bar with the other man in the class. We were both 19 year old lifeguards. We had half a dozen divorced women students that would by us beer at lunch. We were lamenting the grades when they told us why we'd never get good grades in that woman's classes. Then I got it. I quit that school and went into electronics at the local technical college.

I've told both of our kids about it. And as I mentioned, the sociology kid figured it out as well and didn't buy into anything they didn't agree with. The biology kid never ran into any of that.

So raise strong minded kids that can think for themselves before you send them out into the world. By then, it's too late.
Yep-there ya go. Militant Man hater gives all guys C’s….just what we want our hard earned money to go to. I hear ya, though. Good your kids didnt take BS electives. Sometimes you have to fill a time-slot and those are the only choices. Then theres the kids who want to major in these BS topics.…..thats a lot of BS classes-like ALL “electives“ classes..

Last edited:
   / Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #84  
Actually, The System did.

Keep in mind that The [economic] System was designed to operate as a perpetual motion machine, working assumption was infinite resources (and growth). Sadly, utter logic fail. So here we are... No clue how to resolve: I suppose that's what wars are for (and which is why we have the big one coming on as we speak): bury bad books (hoping that it's your bad books that can be buried- to the "victor" goes the reward of being able to do this; to all others, pay up!)

We run the “system” though, don't we?

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #85  
When was the last time you actually went and sat in a classroom?

My kids send me videos of their profs. Seen it with own 2. Close enough

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #86  
Yep-there ya go. Militant Man hater gives all guys C’s….just what we want our hard earned money to go to.
You think there are only militant man haters in universities? They are out there is the corporate world too. Running from them dosen't prepare a person on how to deal with them.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #87  
You think there are only militant man haters in universities? They are out there is the corporate world too. Running from them dosen't prepare a person on how to deal with them.
No, but giving a male student who does “a” work a “c”, isnt right. Thats not what parents or the students should pay for. And its not like you can switch classes anytime you want.
BTW- it goes the other way, too.
It shouldn’t be this way. College is a mess for a lot of kids (except Purdue).

Wait until you have kids in college, after youre done snowboarding in Tahoe or wherever the $30 bloddys are

Last edited:
   / Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #88  
Wait until you have kids in college, after youre done snowboarding in Tahoe or wherever the $30 boddy’s are

I have a kid in college. In fact he's taking his entire fraternity to our place in Steamboat for their formal this weekend. Now that is trust.

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #89  
I have a kid in college. In fact he's taking his entire fraternity to our place in Steamboat for their formal this weekend. Now that is trust.
Sounds fun

/ Retirement thoughts Past Present Future #90  
A couple times a week, as I drive to work, the same guy is running into traffic at the same intersection asking for money so he can get some breakfast, or something to eat in the afternoon on the way home. This guy is unemployable. You can tell by his words, actions, and appearance. For whatever reason, his brain is toast. Maybe drugs. Maybe mental illness. Maybe some of both. But the fact of the matter is the guy is there, he's not capable of working, and he's hungry. So what we gonna do about him?

Are you sure he's hungry? Have you ever offered him an apple to see how grateful he looks?

Sometimes they get awful pissy if someone offers them anything but cash.