Retrofitting old syle front hitch to new x-series

/ Retrofitting old syle front hitch to new x-series #1  

Gittyup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739
Just wanted this to have its own thread to help those in search of information on this.

I got the parts I needed to fit the old style front hitch to my X739. Basically, it's two short M-to-F hoses, 4 right angle spindle adapters, and the 2 guide hook thingies. I'm posting this mainly to help others, as I could not find a detail of the retrofit. Attached are two photos of the retro.

Hardest part was attaching the front most guide. I could not find instructions that made it clear as to where to attach it. An old kit parts lists called for using a 1" bolt only (no nut). So this was a "clue" that it used an existing threaded hole or nut to mount. After searching around for several minutes, the only threaded location near where the guide is supposed to go was the clip nut used to hold the muffler shield. So I proceeded to try and attach it there. After much cussing, the recommended bolt is just slightly too short. So, back to the store I went for a bolt about 1/2" longer. Once I had this bolt, it went right onto the clip nut. I'm not 100% positive this is the right place for it, but I could find no other. Seems to work. Though I wish the hoses were further from the exhaust. I think they are OK anyway. Don't seem to get hot.

The other thing that is needed is to simply turn the hose connects at the cylinders so they come off the hitch toward the right side of the tractor.

In the first photo you can see one of the extension hoses connections going through the guide ring.

Attachments

• IMG_0066a.jpg
    IMG_0066a.jpg
    535.2 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0063a.jpg
    IMG_0063a.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 265
   / Retrofitting old syle front hitch to new x-series #2  
which model did the mount originally fit on?

/ Retrofitting old syle front hitch to new x-series
My mount was for the 425, 445, and 455 tractors. The hydraulics are on the left side and face forward. Hence the hose extensions and right angle adapters.

The other thing is the new one-piece hood, when open, hits the hitch crossbar preventing it from opening as far as it does without the hitch. Gotta watch the wind with the hood open and the hitch on. Wind can cause it to slam closed. Don't know if the new hitch is any different in this respect.