Rim Guard Cost

/ Rim Guard Cost #11  
Yeah that rim guard is pricey. I went the water and antifreeze route. Also have to have a dealer, don't have one around here.

/ Rim Guard Cost #12  
I paid $2.50 per gallon from a tire dealer in N.W. Pa. No charge for labor. It pays to shop around.

/ Rim Guard Cost #13  
i also paid $2.50/gal for ~60 gallons, i think the labor rate was $65 since they had to come to my farm but it was absolutely worth it. i will never buy another tractor without putting this stuff in on day one.

/ Rim Guard Cost #14  
My latest tractor New Holland TN75D had Rim Guard put in when I purchased it in 2002. I've had a couple of punctures and the tire guy was able to pump it out fix the tire and reinstall. My 20 year old 2120 has Calcium adn I've had to reweld the rims for the damage the calcium caused. I'll really like RimGuard. I never vary my tire pressure.

Andy

/ Rim Guard Cost #15  
I just had my 1995 2120 ford done this week at dealer . 14.9 x26 tires . Removed cacium , installed new tubes and rim guard $ 680.00 ouch

/ Rim Guard Cost #16  
Sockwell, Not sure what part of AL you are in, but most where I live seem to run straight water. I am in south MS and that is what I run. I can do with out running my tractor on the rare days it gets below freezing. We have other tractors that are 40 plus years old that all have water and never had a problem. I emailed Rimguard today to see where the closest dealer was from my location. Looks like the Rimguard will add about 125 lbs per tire for my size tires. I was curious to see what the cost was. I was also looking at adding wheel weights too and was curious to see the cost difference between the two. Surely the stuff can be ordered and filled by a local tire dealer. Can't be that hard to do.

/ Rim Guard Cost
According to the guy at Rim Guard, they ship the material to their dealers via a tanker truck. They do not package the material in smaller quantities for resale. The dealer closest to east-central Alabama is in North Carolina. Mapquest says it is almost 500 miles. A local tire dealer will fill the tires with water for $15 each. The local tractor dealer fills them with anti-freeze and water. I picked up a valve stem-to-water hose adapter today at TSC. I will either go straight water or RV antifreeze/water mix.

/ Rim Guard Cost #18  
if adding rimguard or calcium gives the added weight for stability, how does that work in sandy soils? is it a disadvantage to have that added weight on the drive tires? Also, is it just added in the rear tires or the front too in FWD models? I have a NH T1520 with 11.2x24 tires? thanks

/ Rim Guard Cost #19  
For most all situations weight is your friend as it helps eliminate the spinning of tires which in most instances is the contributing factor to getting you stuck. Weight also allows you to pull more load by increasing the traction and makes the tractor a bit more stable on inclines.. 4WD tractors require a slight slip between the front and rear tires, so adding any additional weight to the front end, could also cause additional stress on they front differential.
Most SCUT / CUT manufacturers dont recommend loading front tires due to the extra wear on the steering joints also. Most of the time, you dont need any additional weight on the front especially if you have a FEL. IF you need weight on the front because you are carrying a heavily loaded rear implement, just add some suitcase weights or build your own to hang on the front of the tractor.

/ Rim Guard Cost #20  
My neighbor filled his tires with beet juice. Has anyone ever used it or do you know anything about it? He said it cost him around $300 to fill both his tires on his JD 720. The wrecker service in town came out and filled them for him. Supposedly it won't freeze and the density is greater than water.