RK 37 Steering cylinder

/ RK 37 Steering cylinder #1  

LostRamFarm

Tractor
RK 37, Gravely 566, and David Bradley walking tractor
Our tractor has been in the shop and they said we need to replace the steering cylinder. The RK cylinder comes as a kit with tie rod ends and hoses to be replaced at the same time. But it costs $969. Anyone know of an alternative option? We don't have $1k laying as around.

/ RK 37 Steering cylinder #2  
Our tractor has been in the shop and they said we need to replace the steering cylinder. The RK cylinder comes as a kit with tie rod ends and hoses to be replaced at the same time. But it costs $969. Anyone know of an alternative option? We don't have $1k laying as around.

I cannot tell from pictures on the internet but if it is a normal type hydraulic cylinder you might be able to get it rebuilt, depending on what's wrong with it. We would need more information in order to provide you with better solutions.

/ RK 37 Steering cylinder #3  
I agree with loggin that we need more info. Is there an issue with steering, a leak or what? As loggin did I looked at the parts breakdown from RK and it doesn't provide much info. I too would think that if it's a leak issue a hydraulic shop should be able to rebuild it.

/ RK 37 Steering cylinder
"The passenger side is starting to bypass and stutter step on the passenger side."

/ RK 37 Steering cylinder #5  
Did you have any luck finding a shop to look at the cylinder?

/ RK 37 Steering cylinder #6  
Have you tried to get the cylinder repaired?
Perhaps you could find a new cylinder at
tractor supply? Replacing a cylinder can't be
that hard of a job. Measure the distance the
cylinder uses then install new one and the line
up should be in the ball park

willy