Rk24 hydrostatic fluid level

/ Rk24 hydrostatic fluid level #1  

tomwink

Tractor
RK RK24
I had what I thought was a small hydraulic leak so I checked my sight glass and saw no fluid. I have now added two gallons of utf and still don't see anything in the sight glass. Could I have over filled? Could the level gone above the sight glass when I wasn't looking? I thought I was going slow enough to see it come up to the glass. How can I tell if it is over filled? Should I run the tractor like this? I don't see any leaks now.
Thanks!

/ Rk24 hydrostatic fluid level #2  
Is your sight glass on the rear of the housing?
If so nose it over a good steep bank and see if you can tell a difference,
or alternatively nose if up a steep hill and check.
Some people have added an additive from JD that is a dye to make it easier to see.

/ Rk24 hydrostatic fluid level #3  
You may have overfilled it. The fluid appears almost clear in the sight glass. Unless the surface of the fluid is in the window, you can't tell if you're seeing the fluid or not.

/ Rk24 hydrostatic fluid level #4  
I'm having the same problem on my 2017 RK 24... fluid level does not show on the sight gauge. I recently drained and serviced the transmission and did the filter change/cleaning and refilled to the factory spec with no results on the sight gauge. I also used some dye specifically designed for petroleum products. I mixed it in one of the 2 gallon containers (4 gal total required) and it was RED when I poured it in...Nothing showing on the sight gauge... Help!

/ Rk24 hydrostatic fluid level #5  
I believe that you are over filled. I posted earlier that I did the service on my RK37HS and wasn't able to see the oil level after adding 9 gallons of fluid as the book specified. I added another gallon and still can't see the oil level. I consulted the rep where I bought my tractor and he said the the capacity shown is for a completely empty tractor straight from the factory. He said that when they do the service they start monitoring he sight glass at around 7 gallons and then it's even hard to detect since it's so clear. I purchased the John Deere oil dye on eBay and added that to the transmission. Lo and behold it's bright red in the sight glass. I'm slowly removing the oil with a suction pump to get it to the correct level in the sight glass. I'm doing it a little at a time to make sure that I don't remove too much but at this point I've removed right at 1 1/2 gallons and it's still above the sight glass. Tomorrow I'll remove another couple quarts. I'll never do another service without the dye.