Rk24 Side Hustle

/ Rk24 Side Hustle #1  

Riner73

Tractor
In the Market for a RK24
Hey everyone, I am new to the forums but I have read nearly all forums that have to do with the RK24. I am pretty keen on it and set on it. It will be my first tractor. I however, do have experience driving and operating other pieces of heavy machinery and various implements.

I am curious as to what some people on here do with their tractors as far as side hustling and making money to offset the cost of their expensive toy. Most particularly I am looking to see what people charge, and how much work they get. I am VERY good with a backhoe and a tiller (yes I know it doesnt take much), and have a hand that has some experience in logging.

So yeah, if anyone didn't care to drop some of their going prices for their work and their region so I have something to base mine off of I would be eternally grateful

/ Rk24 Side Hustle #2  
There is a huge difference in hourly charges by region.

Where are you?

/ Rk24 Side Hustle #4  
Look at the services section of Craigslist in your area. Do get insured, be sure the policy covers liability from your use of the machine.

/ Rk24 Side Hustle
There is a huge difference in hourly charges by region.

Where are you?

I am located in the eastern KY area. For reference I know of a couple people that have paid $50+ for a 10x10 plot to be tilled. Is that fairly common

/ Rk24 Side Hustle
   / Rk24 Side Hustle
Unfortunately craigslist never lists going prices for the areas that I would be working in. Of course once I got some good set numbers to be offering I would advertise those.

/ Rk24 Side Hustle #8  
Had a quick look at eky cl. Reads Like a used car dealer wrote the section... Give us a call well get you a great deal...

In Central va/NC generic bobcat or tractor work is $60-75/h usually with a 4h minimum. One time farm mowing is around 200/acre maintenance mowing usually lower.

Specialty tasks like trenching are by the foot for larger jobs, hourly for smaller ones. Tilling is the same (sqft) .

Try lawnsite for feedback on rates. Call around and get estimates on some basic sample tasks you plan on doing for hire.

If you post rates for a few basic things on CL or fb etc you'll find that you are getting calls that get you on the ground doing work, getting seen and selling more time.

My trucks typically show up ready for a primary task, like mowing or tilling or seeding but w support tools. Ex: grapple, stump grinder and 4n1.

/ Rk24 Side Hustle
Yeah, it isn't very useful.

I was thinking its about the same for tractor work -minus the minimum.

Yeah i figured advertising ACTUAL prices, would put me in a league above other businesses from the getgo, even if they make more per job I would probably beat them by volume. As a younger generation, I don't like that soft quote type of stuff I work hard for my money and don't like surprise charges.

Thanks a ton for your feedback! I really appreciate it. what does trenching look like per ft.? I was thinking about $75 minimum for tilling up to 200 sq. ft.? For example if its only a 10x10 it would still be $75 but if it is over 20x10 it would increase marginally.

Thoughts?

/ Rk24 Side Hustle #10  
Unfortunately craigslist never lists going prices for the areas that I would be working in. Of course once I got some good set numbers to be offering I would advertise those.

If you are definitely going to do work for hire, I would buy a more expensive Kubota, or John Deere, rather than the RK.
You could be "down" for weeks, if not longer, waiting for RK parts.
Kubota and JD parts are available at dealers everywhere, and many times for less than dealer pricing, on the internet.
I totally do understand that RK tractors have an attractive initial price, but they are somewhat likely to cause you tractor support grief.