RK25 and skid steer compatibility

/ RK25 and skid steer compatibility #1  

Tater John

Tractor
9n, 135 Massey, Mahindra 2538, RK25
I recently purchased an RK25 and today attempted to install my Titan brand pallet forks that
I've used for years on my Mahindra 2538. To my surprise they wouldn't attach as either (1) the
mounting slots to receive the pins on the forks is about an inch too wide or (2) the location of the pins
on the RK25 are too narrow. I did some measuring and the inside distance from pin to pin on the
RK quick attach appears to be 28 3/8. That distance needs to be a smidgeon wider to drop into the slots and lock up.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I would have thought SSQA meant universal fit for
all such attachments. Titan is a name brand for attachments, I'm sure they've sold thousands
of forks. There doesn't seem to be any way to adjust the SSQA locking pins at the loader.
I suppose I could grind on the forks, about 1/2 inch of material each side, widening the slots, to fit, but
I wonder if that would be a safety issue. I wouldn't think so since that area of the forks is
not what primarily holds the weight (I think). Can anyone shed some
light on my problem? Would be appreciated. I really counted on using the forks on both tractors.
It appears that "SSQA" is not as universal as the ads make them out to be.

/ RK25 and skid steer compatibility #2  
   / RK25 and skid steer compatibility #3  
Universal is a moving target in the ss world. It's getting closer.

I've modded several to fit by enlarging, adding holes. Never had a problem, but none of my machines are at the upper end of the ssqa capacity. The 25 is pretty low on the capacity scale for ss attachments so you should have a bit of latitude to modify safely

/ RK25 and skid steer compatibility #4  
I also bought the Titan pallet forks for my RK24 about two years ago and had the same problem. I just cut the opening out on the pallet forks to mate up with the SSQA on the tractor and it has worked fine ever since. Quick and easy job.

/ RK25 and skid steer compatibility
I also bought the Titan pallet forks for my RK24 about two years ago and had the same problem. I just cut the opening out on the pallet forks to mate up with the SSQA on the tractor and it has worked fine ever since. Quick and easy job.
Thanks for the responses. Looks like I have a little grinding to do this week. At least it's not a lot to remove,
about 1/2 inch each side. It's good to know that fix has already been tried with no problems. The access to
similar experiences and solutions to problems when they arise makes for a valuable forum.

/ RK25 and skid steer compatibility #6  
If you ever need them for repair or adaptation the ssqa plates from titan are good.