rk25 bucket not level

/ rk25 bucket not level #1  

Tater John

Tractor
9n, 135 Massey, Mahindra 2538, RK25
The bucket on my rk25 is not level, never has been since delivered. I have talked to the local store tractor guy
but he can't tell me what they can do about it, just that it would be addressed at the 50 hr service. Anyone have
same problem and able to get it corrected? If so what was done to correct it? Anyone corrected this problem on
another tractor that might provide some insight into why the bucket is canted? My guess is about 2 inch
elevation difference from one side to the other. I don't expect millimeter precision but it's off enough to be annoying.
Thanks

/ rk25 bucket not level #2  
The bucket on my rk25 has not been level since delivery.

Bucket elevation difference about 2 inches from one side to the other.

Correct tire inflation is the first thing to check. One under inflated tire, front or rear, often causes this problem.

Answers in the T-B-N ARCHIVE:

bucket not level site:tractorbynet.com

If culprit is not tire inflation correcting repair will be a test of RK's customer service.

Last edited:
   / rk25 bucket not level #3  
Basically, you have to just loosen ALL the bolts holding the loader mounts to the frame. The tractor has to be on a flat level surface. Slowly work the loader a few inches off the ground, then back down so the bucket is level. Then tighten / torque all the bolts that were loosened.

Before anything else, check the tire pressure in all 4 tires. Make sure they are even pressure side to side.

There is a chance that the loader frame and / or loader arms got mis-manufactured out of spec.

/ rk25 bucket not level
Basically, you have to just loosen ALL the bolts holding the loader mounts to the frame. The tractor has to be on a flat level surface. Slowly work the loader a few inches off the ground, then back down so the bucket is level. Then tighten / torque all the bolts that were loosened.

Before anything else, check the tire pressure in all 4 tires. Make sure they are even pressure side to side.

There is a chance that the loader frame and / or loader arms got mis-manufactured out of spec.
Thought I'd give an update to my situation. Been talking to RK shop mechanic, he said unlevel bucket is easy fix, and did mention loosening
various loader frame bolts as part of the process. I'll be taking the tractor to RK for 50 hr. service in about 2 months, and he said they would
take care of it then. Actually, they were going to send a man out to my place to see about it but I suggested to just wait till the 50 hr. service
to which they agreed. I'll try to remember to post an update after that visit and we'll see how it goes.

/ rk25 bucket not level #5  
Thought I'd give an update to my situation. Been talking to RK shop mechanic, he said unlevel bucket is easy fix, and did mention loosening
various loader frame bolts as part of the process. I'll be taking the tractor to RK for 50 hr. service in about 2 months, and he said they would
take care of it then. Actually, they were going to send a man out to my place to see about it but I suggested to just wait till the 50 hr. service
to which they agreed. I'll try to remember to post an update after that visit and we'll see how it goes.
Thx for the update. Everybody else waiting for the mobile service guy appreciates your patience!

/ rk25 bucket not level #6  
Tater John, were they able to correct the bucket issue. The 37's and 55's have that issue too. I only remember one 55 ever getting fixed but then it went back to being unlevel shortly after. The last couple years I have said many times that I was going to loosen all the mounting bolts, level the mount and then re-torque everything. But like most things I just never seem to get around to it.

/ rk25 bucket not level
Tater John, were they able to correct the bucket issue. The 37's and 55's have that issue too. I only remember one 55 ever getting fixed but then it went back to being unlevel shortly after. The last couple years I have said many times that I was going to loosen all the mounting bolts, level the mount and then re-torque everything. But like most things I just never seem to get around to it.
DonRybak, the answer is No, I did not get the issue corrected. When they did the 50 hr. service the tech guy didn't really address the
unlevel bucket issue. I had a borrowed trailer and had to get the tractor back home and it wasn't addressed that day. Time was a factor. The service guy said it could be fixed by loosening and retightening the loader frame bolts, but it didn't get done that day. I don't have a level place on my property to properly place the tractor to do that, not a slab of concrete whatsoever. My barn floor is gravel and not level. I'm sure there are ways to accomplish this but frankly I have used the bucket very little as I have a 38 horse tractor with a bucket and use it. I just put a grapple on that RK25 and the unevenness is not so noticeable with that attachment on the front. The RK25 is used primarily for pulling a 6 foot finishing mower and for gardening with a disc and cultivators. The new grapple will probably bring in more uses. But no satisfaction on the unlevel bucket. Sorry for such a long read.

/ rk25 bucket not level #8  
Thanks for the update even though it wasn't what I was hoping to hear. Have a great day..........

/ rk25 bucket not level #9  
My tractor is a 55, but this FEL issue isnt new. There is a thread on here about this issue akready with a lot of no fix responses. When I talked with my local service guys, they basically knew nothing of this issue. They said they were going to help me fix the issue, but never actually did anything. My bobcat tractor I had before this never had something like this ever happen, and I used that bucket a lot.

/ rk25 bucket not level #10  
I corrected the "out of level" bucket condition on two of my Kubota's by loosening and retightening the loader bolts.

I did it on a gravel driveway that wasn't completely level. I first loosened the bolts, curled the bucket so the cutting edge was facing down and then put a piece of 4X4 under it on the low side. I then put a bit of down pressure on the FEL and retightened. It was trial & error and I had to loosen & retighten the bolts several times before I got it right.