Rock Bucket for MF GC1725MB

/ Rock Bucket for MF GC1725MB #1  

nouveauree

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1725
I am in the market for a 48" rock bucket for my MF GC1725MB with FL1805 loader. Narrowed down to 2 options:

1. Vernig V30 which weighs 215 pounds. The low weight is good but it is only 1/4" tines which makes me a little concerned of strength. Virnig V30 SRV-CT: Compact Tractor Skeleton Bucket Series

2. Titan Attachments which is much stronger but comes in at a whopping 562 pounds. 48-in Fine Grade Skeleton Rock Bucket w/ Teeth For Skid Steers

The FL1805 has Lift Capacity to Max height @ Pivot Pin = 922 pounds. Breakout force = 980 pounds.

I'd prefer the latter but concerned it is too heavy for my tractor.

Guidance and advice is greatly appreciated.

Found this review for the Titan with same tractor. He says it works, but it just looks huge and way over-sized. Pic for review are below.

Thank you.
Steve

Attachments

• MF with Titan Rock Bucket.jpg
    MF with Titan Rock Bucket.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 105
  • MF with Titan Rock Bucket2.JPG
    MF with Titan Rock Bucket2.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
   / Rock Bucket for MF GC1725MB #2  
Both rock buckets look heavy enough to seriously reduce lift capacity of your tractor.....

Last edited:
   / Rock Bucket for MF GC1725MB #3  
Both rock buckets look heave enough to seriously reduce lift capacity of your tractor.....

Needed:
Smaller rock bucket,.....or....
Bigger tractor!

/ Rock Bucket for MF GC1725MB
Needed:
Smaller rock bucket,.....or....
Bigger tractor!
Thanks....looks like the smaller rock bucket as a bigger tractor is not in the plans. My current bucket is 140 pounds...the smaller rock bucket above is 215 pounds which is the lightest I can find so will go with that. Messick's seems to be a great place and only an hour away.

I don't really have concerns with the 215 pound as I won't be hauling a lot with it so the extra 65 pounds shouldn't be an issue. Am I still missing something?

/ Rock Bucket for MF GC1725MB #5  
Thanks....looks like the smaller rock bucket as a bigger tractor is not in the plans. My current bucket is 140 pounds...the smaller rock bucket above is 215 pounds which is the lightest I can find so will go with that. Messick's seems to be a great place and only an hour away.

I don't really have concerns with the 215 pound as I won't be hauling a lot with it so the extra 65 pounds shouldn't be an issue. Am I still missing something?

The Messick's people ARE GREAT people!

/ Rock Bucket for MF GC1725MB #6  
No - - don't go to Messick's!!!

I did that once. I even picked up a Messick's decal as a souvenir...

It came attached to an MX

(as Mr. Fried says, they are customer focused and easy to work with...)

/ Rock Bucket for MF GC1725MB #7  
Prudence says little tractor, little bucket.

/ Rock Bucket for MF GC1725MB #8  
Do you already have a grapple by any chance? I converted mine to a rock bucket for nothing more than my time and some steel, but some companies can sell grapples with finer spacing on the tines to allow you to sort out stuff better. At least that way you'd have a grapple if you didn't. I take out the inner section I built when just cleaning up trees or moving normal stuff. Depends on how fine or rocks you are looking for. W.R. Long sells grapples with down to 3" spacing. Not sure grapples light enough for your tractor, but maybe it is an option.

Attachments

• rock-bucket-wweld.jpg
    rock-bucket-wweld.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 72
   / Rock Bucket for MF GC1725MB #9  
That Virnig bucket seems decent. It is a higher grade steel as well so it may be 1/4 but should be much stronger and leaves you some lift capacity to work. Not sure I'd put it behind a 60hp tractor, but it should be a great match for yours.

/ Rock Bucket for MF GC1725MB #10  
nice work on that grapple insert I just might have to steal that idea.