Rock Digging

/ Rock Digging #1  

m7040

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, MF 203 industrial, ZD331, RTV 1100 , Kubota Minix excavator, Unimog 404
Rocks are like icebergs you dont know how big it is until you dig it out. This one was huge and the FEL could not lift it so had to push it out of the hole on a ramp and then over to where it is now. Not that I used a 4-one bucket for excavation and pushing the rock

Attachments

• IMG_0120 (Small)[2].JPG
    IMG_0120 (Small)[2].JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 763
   / Rock Digging #2  
Wow, that's big.

Now what do you do with it :)

/ Rock Digging #4  
tough little tractor to do that trick.... and am sure careful work on your part:D

/ Rock Digging #5  
Such job only keeps the operator skills sharpen.
Hope you got the deep hole fill before Bill comes blowing in. ;)

/ Rock Digging
The Bradley 4 in one bucket is very tough was good for the job. Barely a scrape on it after the job and went relative fast. Digging with a 73 inch bucket is sometimes faster than a backhoe and how are you going to lift the rock out anyway after the hole is dug. Now what I was thinking about afterwards is the smarter thing to do would be to dig a deeper hole next to the rock and then push it into that and then cover it up with dirt. No rock to get rid of and you can mowe grass with hitting on the blades

/ Rock Digging #7  
I feel the same adage goes for stumps!

/ Rock Digging #8  
The little B digs out a smaller rock. Hey - I have to show off too!:p

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    729.1 KB · Views: 273
   / Rock Digging #9  
I've actually found that the forks that I got for my small B work well digging out rocks, especially on really uneven ground, or if more than one rock is nestled together. I've been using them on my trails in the woods with very good results. Of course it is nice to have them already on when I come to brush, or trees across the trail too.

/ Rock Digging #10  
Thats good to know, I've got the Kubota b3200 QA on order and the 60 inch light materials bucket for snow, wood chips,etc. Not ready to spring for the forks yet but I was wondering if they would be good for digging and lifting large rocks. The one in the picture came out of my wood road, just about 12 inches was sticking out and I was getting tire of centering it between the wheels in order to drive over it.