Rock picker

/ Rock picker #21  
I own a ventrac power rake and have used it to remove tons of small rocks from lawns and such. It does take multiple passes to get the ground clean, and it works best if you just roll the rocks to one side and then scoop them to haul out. Usually the way we did it was to till and grade, which will bring up a ton of rocks, big and little. Then we would take the ventrac and power rake and starting at one edge of yard, would just start running across the lawn with the rake angle to the opposite side of the lawn. As one tractor was raking, we used another tractor to scoop up the rocks. We would just keep moving over the width of the rake until we had covered the entire lawn. Then we would turn at a right angle and go over The lawn again. This resulted in a rock free lawn that was baby butt smooth. This was a pretty fast job once you got started. If the person scooping the rocks could keep up, I could cover an acre size lawn in 20 min or so. Biggest draw back was the dust, since the rake mounts on the front of the tractor you are always driving into the dust. Another design flaw with the ventrac set up is the air intake for the engine is right at the front of the tractor and using the power rake meant tons of dirty air thru the filter. I finally just quit using the rake because of the dust was killing my engine, and me.