Rotary Cutter (easier to work on)??

/ Rotary Cutter (easier to work on)?? #11  
TSC also has Gr5 and Gr8 bolts. If bolts are loosening it is because they are not tight enough to prevent the joint moving. That means wear. You dont want that. An upgrade to a stronger bolt and more tightening torque will serve you well.

I needed some bolts on a Sunday to use on my tiller tines... My bolt supplier wasn't open, so off I go to TCS...

I bought 100 grade 8 bolts/nuts from them and THAT started more than a month of misery as those SOB TSC CHEAPO china bolts stretched and came loose!!! Boy was THAT ever a mistake that i'll NEVER make again!!

EVERY job I was on after that day, I paid again and again for those POS bolts!

All of my problems went away, after they all were replaced with bolts/nuts from my nut bolt supplier! Yeaa, they cost a bit more from my supplier, but I've never got a bad bolt from them, so in the end, they have cost me less!

I may buy a grade 2 bolt from TSC for a non stress place, but I will NEVER buy a grade 8 bolt from them again!!

BTW, my bolt supplier bolts were made in Canada.

SR

/ Rotary Cutter (easier to work on)?? #12  
If you are patient you can find decent used units on Craigslist and Tractor House. I was able to score a really nice Brown 472 in great shape for just a little more thaxn your price limit. I shopped online for over 6 months. When this cutter was listed I jumped on it. I had to drive 160 miles today​ get it but well worth the drive. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

/ Rotary Cutter (easier to work on)?? #13  
I needed some bolts on a Sunday to use on my tiller tines... My bolt supplier wasn't open, so off I go to TCS...

I bought 100 grade 8 bolts/nuts from them and THAT started more than a month of misery as those SOB TSC CHEAPO china bolts stretched and came loose!!! Boy was THAT ever a mistake that i'll NEVER make again!!

EVERY job I was on after that day, I paid again and again for those POS bolts!

All of my problems went away, after they all were replaced with bolts/nuts from my nut bolt supplier! Yeaa, they cost a bit more from my supplier, but I've never got a bad bolt from them, so in the end, they have cost me less!

I may buy a grade 2 bolt from TSC for a non stress place, but I will NEVER buy a grade 8 bolt from them again!!

BTW, my bolt supplier bolts were made in Canada.

SR

What brand of hardware does your TSC stock? Mine stocks the same brand as other big box stores and several small independent stores.

/ Rotary Cutter (easier to work on)??
Yes the floating top link is essential. Couldn't mow around here without it.