Rotary Cutter Rotary cutter: pull type vs hitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Rotary cutter: pull type vs hitch #31  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Makes sense. Again, though, with the pull type you can do the full range of adjustment from the driver's seat, while moving and mowing.
)</font>

Not on all. Many drawn type mowers still use manual jack screws for rear wheel elevation... It's a money saving issue vs. hyds.. etc. remotes.. etc.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ( The opinions are not directly oposed.. )

Well,um, yes they are. Not all, but plenty of them are. Just look back at issues like 'backing', 'terrain handling', 'weight distribution' etc. Diametric is the word that comes to mind.
)</font>

The point you are missing is they are not direct comparisons.. but compairing different aspects of the same function. For instance.. the issue of backing up. 2 people may like 2 different style mowers.. and both say they back up better ( 3pt vs drawn ). Look at the point of view of the 2 people. Person with the 3pt may be refering to the fact that he can back up over a dropoff .. and the mower doesn't drop off... person 2 may be refering to the fact that he can make a smoother/cleaner corner than a mounted mower. Neither are wrong.. they are not making an apples to apples comparison.. they are actually compairing 2 different aspects of a complex issue.

Tell you what. You can think whatever you want. Go out and buy 50 or 60 thousand dollars worth of tractors and mowers and equipment /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.. then use them for years.. and then come back and let us know what we are doing wrong....... those of us that have that kind of stuff parked in our barn will be a bit more receptive then /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Soundguy

/ Rotary cutter: pull type vs hitch
Edit: Sorry about the red font. Don't know why its there. Must've done something wrong with the mark-up.

<font color="blue">( Not on all. Many drawn type mowers still use manual jack screws for rear wheel elevation... It's a money saving issue vs. hyds.. etc. remotes.. etc.)</font>

Quite right, we've been over that a number of times.

<font color="blue">( The point you are missing is they are not direct comparisons.. but compairing different aspects of the same function.)</font>

I'm not missing any point at all. When discussing general use, the fact that there are specific qualifiers does not change the general application.

<font color="blue">( Tell you what. You can think whatever you want. Go out and buy 50 or 60 thousand dollars worth of tractors and mowers and equipment /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.. then use them for years.. and then come back and let us know what we are doing wrong....... those of us that have that kind of stuff parked in our barn will be a bit more receptive then /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)</font>

Translation: Your opinion is indisputable, other's are suspect. Thanks, that's such a rarity on the internet (read sarcasm). I've appreciated your opinion and the ones at variance with it, but to pretend that there haven't been different, and at times confusing opinion, is ridiculous. As I've stated before, I'm just trying to figure this all out.

If you'd kindly read back to the beginning of my post you'd understand the conflict of opinion I'm dealing with. I have, in fact, at my side and disposal (next door to my property), a seasoned professional farmer and tractor mechanic with hundreds of thousands of dollars of tractors and heavy equipment and a full shop for maintaining them. So if we're going to trot that sort of thing out as a ***** card then so be it. (Consider yourself trumped.)

I'm ashamed that this has turned nasty, but the attitude in your last post, Soundguy, was inappropriate and uncalled for and to date, unprecedented in my dealings with this web site.

I appreciate all the info folks. Like I said, I'll figure this out. And I may make some mistakes, I suspect we all have. When I do, I'll let you all know. <font color="black">

/ Rotary cutter: pull type vs hitch #33  
OK, you don't like red; I made it blue. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Rotary cutter: pull type vs hitch #34  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Translation: Your opinion is indisputable, other's are suspect. )</font>

Nope.. not what I said at all. What I said is that opinion is one thing.... experience is another. You have lots of people giving you opinions right now.. tak all of our opinions and head to the store... our opinions and a dollar should be enough to get you a cup of coffee. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now.. after you have some tractor hours under your belt, you will have experience. 1 hour of good experience will beat a bucketfull of opinion, hands down.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm ashamed that this has turned nasty, but the attitude in your last post, Soundguy, was inappropriate and uncalled for and to date, unprecedented in my dealings with this web site.
)</font>

No attitude intended.. just being matter of fact.. Dancing around the issue and being PC won't doo you much good when you are laying a wad of hard earned cash down to buy a piece of equipment. You may thing I'm being hard on you.. but ... The advice i'm giving you is to watch out for advice given to you! As you point out.. this is the internet... If you keep asking.. I imagine you can rack up hundreds of different opinions and recomendations on what to buy. If I were you.. I'd look around at what others in your geographical are are using to mow similar sized, shaped parcels of land. That will be experience talking.. not opinion.....Now.. if you want a verbal beating.. I'm guessing you can find it in the chinese tractor sub.. that's a known 'arena' down there.

Soundguy

/ Rotary cutter: pull type vs hitch #35  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If you'd kindly read back to the beginning of my post you'd understand the conflict of opinion I'm dealing with. I have, in fact, at my side and disposal (next door to my property), a seasoned professional farmer and tractor mechanic with hundreds of thousands of dollars of tractors and heavy equipment and a full shop for maintaining them )</font>

And he's the guy with the free mower right? I see so far that you are getting recomendations to use it and be happy.. it's setting right there.. right?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( So if we're going to trot that sort of thing out as a ***** card then so be it. (Consider yourself trumped.)
)</font>

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( was inappropriate and uncalled for )</font>

I'd say that was what your comment was.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I'm trying to help.. you are the one calling names ...

Soundguy

Status
Not open for further replies.