Rotary hay cutter

/ Rotary hay cutter #1  

7879fordman

Gold Member
Tractor
1969 massey 135 and a 2013 m7040hd 4x4 2013 L3800 HST 4x4
How big of a 3 point one can I use on my m7040 .

image-3771226674.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TractorByNet

/ Rotary hay cutter #2  
10'3" but if it was me I'd spend the extra $$$$ and get a towed machine or put the 3 pt on a caddy. I've got a 9'3" on a M7040 and had to slow down to 4th gear to cut some grass.

/ Rotary hay cutter
I think I'm just going try and buy some used stuff . Since I never cut and baled . And I just need to be able to cut 100-150 a year . Would just get it cut but i can seem to get anyone to do it . So thing I just buy some used stuff that I don't have a ton in to start and go from there . I missed a 7' cutter for $800 that looked to be a deal but wasn't sure . And I couldn't get away to get it and someone beat me to it .
But wasn't sure the size I should be looking for .

/ Rotary hay cutter
Pull behinds are hard to find around here as people are just starting to use them .

/ Rotary hay cutter #5  
Are you talking about a rotary cutter aka: bush hog or a disc type hay mower? I don't think you really want to bale hay that has been cut with a bush hog.

/ Rotary hay cutter #6  
Theres is an old timer i know that cuts extremely thick hay with a bush hog, but he can take the side off of his bush hog.

/ Rotary hay cutter #7  
Theres is an old timer i know that cuts extremely thick hay with a bush hog, but he can take the side off of his bush hog.

We used to have one of those. You left the side on and it was a rear discharge bush hog. You took the left rear side plate off and it would cut the hay off and fling it out the side without chopping it up. It was a Corsicana brand.

/ Rotary hay cutter #8  
Around here the preferred tool would be something like this, a disc mower conditioner, and when you can pick something like this up used for $9K it was a no-brainer.

27xgk7a.jpg

/ Rotary hay cutter #9  
Are you Mowing 150 Acres on Baling a 150 Bales. If the latter, look at at the Drum Mowers. I just bought one and am extremely happy with it. It's a smaller acreage mower though, but the inertial cost can be about a third of the Disc mowers. bjr

/ Rotary hay cutter
Rotary disc hay cutter .