Rotary off set mower

/ Rotary off set mower #1  

joe88340

Tractor
bx2660 m7040
I have a just picked up a kubota m7040 and was looking for a 10 ft brush hog. Was wondering if anybody had any experience on the semi mount or pull type off set mowers. Most of my mowing is just high grass.

/ Rotary off set mower #2  
Off set like for mowing ditches, or like a 15' batwing with one side being a weight box?

/ Rotary off set mower
Just a straight pull type 10 foot no bat wing just thought it would be nice along fence to keep cab out of the tree limbs

/ Rotary off set mower #4  
I use a MX10 (10' jd) and I wouldn't trade it in wide open spaces. Trailer-ing is entertaining with a foot and a half hanging off each side though. It is a full mount and is a bit heavy even for my tractor. I always run with the loader on to help balance out the machine. If you have really thick grass your not going to be able to mow very fast though. I usually run the mower in grass over the front tires in height (around 36") and I can only mow around 4mph or so.

/ Rotary off set mower #5  
Porsche run 2006 010.jpgThat is what I use to mow my orchard. the mower an MX10 and is a slewing mower with hydraulic control. Works great especially up against a fence and between apple trees. My MX 10 is also a semi mount and it IS a heavy girl!

I run it on the back of a Hesston 100-90

With a semi mount you have to be ready to adjust mower height all the time for dips, rocks etc, however I can run the rig with the loader removed and that makes mowing a LOT easier.

The mower is a good tool for what I use it for, but it was expensive as is all JD stuff.

/ Rotary off set mower
Thanks for the info.