Rotella T6 gallons

/ Rotella T6 gallons #11  
I can always tell if it’s real def by the residue from the huge spill I make with the jug on the side of the truck!
Yeah, but you have to spill it first to see if its’ real? Then if it’s not, you have to return it. Who wants to go through all that crap?
Best to check cap & seal before you buy!

/ Rotella T6 gallons #12  
You do have to watch for missing foil on DEF. It is purchased, dumped in DEF tank, then refilled with water & returned.
I always worry about this with Pennzoil oil, as they also use no foil under the cap. Mobil1 uses foil, so if it's missing, you know someone monkeyed with it.

The way Amazon and Walmart take returns, seems likely there's some sleeze bag out there buying expensive full-synthetic, using some or all it, and refilling the jugs with a cheaper or even used product before returning. Seems far-fetched, but I've seen people go to greater lengths for less gains, all to avoid an honest day's work.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #13  
They have a breakaway collar ring now. Not sure what is is called. But like a soda bottle. I like it better.
So do I actually. I either get mine in a 55 gallon drum (no seal) or in 2.5 gallon jugs (sealing ring) The more you buy (quantity) the less it costs.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #15  
Here’s a new bottle of rotella that I bought last week and one I’ve had for years. They both have a seal ring like a coke bottle. The local Napa sells them in the original cardboard shipping boxes with 3 gallons per box.
IMG_5962.JPG

/ Rotella T6 gallons
Here’s a new bottle of rotella that I bought last week and one I’ve had for years. They both have a seal ring like a coke bottle. The local Napa sells them in the original cardboard shipping boxes with 3 gallons per box. View attachment 830803
Good to know. I'm feeling lots better The thing that bothered me with I took the caps off my Shell T6 is that the seal ring didn't separate from the cap like it does on a plastic coke bottle. The seal ring and cap were still one intact piece with no breaks when I recapped it. In fact, that was what got me started on this whole thread.

No answer so far from Shell Tech dept.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #17  
I took the caps off my Shell T6 is that the seal ring didn't separate from the cap like it does on a plastic coke bottle. The seal ring and cap were still one intact piece with no breaks when I recapped it.
Same with Pennzoil. Not too hard to uncap, drain, refill with something else, and return to store.

That's enough to make me grab a brand with foil seals (eg. Mobil1), when I have a choice of brands within the weight I need, but not enough to prevent me from buying Pennzoil or Rotella when there's no other choice.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #19  
You all must live in some shady places. With all this buying refilling and returning stuff going on. It is a $25/gallon diesel engine oil. It is not the good whiskey in my parents liquor cabinet when I was a kid.

I’ve never actually experienced that problem but that’s over $100 in oil for the average diesel pickup. People will definitely rip you off for $100.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #20  
I’ve never actually experienced that problem but that’s over $100 in oil for the average diesel pickup. People will definitely rip you off for $100.
An average diesel pickup cost $80k…. But yes there are people that rip off people for $100, but doing it when they change their own oil to another person changing their own oil…. I hope those people spent eternity smoking a cigar made from my septic.