Rotella T6 gallons

/ Rotella T6 gallons
I keep my main funnel in a 5 gallon bucket with the lid on to keep it clean.
I do too. For keeping oily things clean I have several clean 5 gallon buckets that I've modified with the nifty screw-on lid conversion that is available now. The lid conversion costs more than the bucket, but is worth it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 7.12.13 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 7.12.13 AM.png
    192.3 KB · Views: 72
   / Rotella T6 gallons #32  
I do too. For keeping oily things clean I have several clean 5 gallon buckets that I've modified with the nifty screw-on lid conversion that is available now. The lid conversion costs more than the bucket, but is worth it.
I buy buckets with the lids included, 6 at a time, mostly for storing various masonry materials (portland, lime, plaster, etc.). It's cheaper than buying the lids separately. I think I have 18 or 20, in total.

/ Rotella T6 gallons
The worse the economy gets, the more theft we will see. I feel sorry for those of you whose neighbors have decided to be soft on crime.
It's just the world that we live in now. I try to deal with it and not judge too harshly. No telling where that oil travels to before it gets to my local NAPA.

As you know from our conversations, my own bias is that I am willing to pay a premium for a premium product. But I won't do that when I cannot count on the manufacturer also doing their part to protect the value of their prodcuts. It's unfortunate, but the lack of a seal combined with a non-functional break-away ring is too many strikes in today's world. It means I probably won't buy Rotella anymore - and that is a shame, because I like Shell products.

rScotty

/ Rotella T6 gallons #34  
Don’t forget that many Americans are living on the margins and will do anything to save money. Its called desperation.

This is totally off-topic, but I have trouble naming people who spend time and energy on nefarious activity, while companies all over this country seem to be desperate to hire, as "desperate". If you're going to work that hard to make a few bucks, do it honestly.

Of course, I know that makes me sound ignorant of people in legitimately bad situations, such as disability or health issues that prevent them from getting a job. But in my admittedly limited experience, those aren't the people doing the sort of crap we're describing here.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #35  
It's just the world that we live in now. I try to deal with it and not judge too harshly. No telling where that oil travels to before it gets to my local NAPA.

As you know from our conversations, my own bias is that I am willing to pay a premium for a premium product. But I won't do that when I cannot count on the manufacturer also doing their part to protect the value of their prodcuts. It's unfortunate, but the lack of a seal combined with a non-functional break-away ring is too many strikes in today's world. It means I probably won't buy Rotella anymore - and that is a shame, because I like Shell products.

rScotty
I used to use Rotella, but when it became hard to find a few years ago, I switched to Valvoline diesel synthetic. It’s recommended by Cummins and their shops sell it at a reasonable price.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #36  
I used to use Rotella, but when it became hard to find a few years ago, I switched to Valvoline diesel synthetic. It’s recommended by Cummins and their shops sell it at a reasonable price.
I like Rotella T6 but found I can buy Valvoline in 5 gallon buckets from my local farm co-op. A number of farmers here use in high HP, high demand applications.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #37  

rScotty
I buy Rotella in 3 gallon cases. Cases are closed boxes, bottles are sealed, without foil. I save a buck or 2 a gallon.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #38  
If a person is willing to buy in larger quantities,

Rotella has a rebate going at certain farm stores on T-6 . Just be aware that they only allow for 2 container purchases. So you are better off buying in the 5 gallon jugs and can get up to $80 back this ends on November 30th
I made the mistake of buying "3" 2.5 gallon jugs and then received a 40 dollar rebate.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #39  
It would be nice if nearly every vehicle and tractor I owned didn't require a different weight. I could legitimately use a few 5 gallon pails per year, but other than the infrequent hydro oil changes, it's in 1-2 gallon increments at five different weights.

/ Rotella T6 gallons #40  
This is totally off-topic, but I have trouble naming people who spend time and energy on nefarious activity, while companies all over this country seem to be desperate to hire, as "desperate". If you're going to work that hard to make a few bucks, do it honestly.

Of course, I know that makes me sound ignorant of people in legitimately bad situations, such as disability or health issues that prevent them from getting a job. But in my admittedly limited experience, those aren't the people doing the sort of crap we're describing here.
I’m just saying in times of radical runaway inflation, like we are in now, people resort to petty theft and shoplifting.
I don’t condone it or support it. It’s just a statistical fact.