Rotella T6 vs Premium Blue.

/ Rotella T6 vs Premium Blue. #2  
Hard to say without knowing the specs of each oil. Since they are just an off the shelf oil,They are probably about equal in quality. It's probably a toss up

/ Rotella T6 vs Premium Blue. #3  
Premium blue. Run lots of it, about 50 gallons a year. I also run lots of Dello and Delvac.

Not a fan of Rotella.

Chris

/ Rotella T6 vs Premium Blue.
Premium blue. Run lots of it, about 50 gallons a year. I also run lots of Dello and Delvac. Not a fan of Rotella. Chris

Thanks Chris!!

Do you have any diesel trucks running Premium Blue 5W40 year round?
Looking at a Ram Cummins for my next truck!!

/ Rotella T6 vs Premium Blue.
   / Rotella T6 vs Premium Blue. #6  
I think I remember something about Cummins approving an OCI extension with that Valvoline oil.

If I was pounding on lots of miles on a brand new motor, that extension (re. warranty) might matter to me.

Price equal, I'd buy the Valvoline.

Otherwise, if they both meets Cummins specs, I'd buy whatever is on sale. I wouldn't have a problem using T6 for that application.

Rgds, D.

/ Rotella T6 vs Premium Blue. #7  
Thanks Chris!!

Do you have any diesel trucks running Premium Blue 5W40 year round?
Looking at a Ram Cummins for my next truck!!

No, boats though. I run the Blue Valvoline 15W40 in my Power Stroke.

Soundguy runs it in all 3 of his diesel Fords.

Chris

/ Rotella T6 vs Premium Blue. #8  
Oh, boy - here we go (again)! Somebody dredge up the oil film strength report again. That report preferred Mobil Delvac, with Shell Rotella not doing so well. What that means to million mile diesel engines is anybody's guess.

/ Rotella T6 vs Premium Blue. #9  
   / Rotella T6 vs Premium Blue. #10  
I prefer the Premium Blue extreme or the T6 over the Premium Blue heavy duty. I'll spend a little more to run a full synthetic oil because of the cold climate. I'm currently running T6 simply because it's easy to get.