Rough estimate to put a SS QA plate on a bucket?

/ Rough estimate to put a SS QA plate on a bucket? #1  

IndyIan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE HST
I bought an old manure bucket and now I need a universal SS plate put on it. No modifications for the bucket needed, just cleaning the surfaces and clamping the two together and welding them up.
Is an hour a reasonable amount of time to do this for a shop to do? Seems like a reasonable minumum charge even if it takes a 1/2 hour. How many feet an hour can a pro welder do of bead on mild steel?

/ Rough estimate to put a SS QA plate on a bucket? #4  
I bought an old manure bucket and now I need a universal SS plate put on it. No modifications for the bucket needed, just cleaning the surfaces and clamping the two together and welding them up.
Is an hour a reasonable amount of time to do this for a shop to do? Seems like a reasonable minumum charge even if it takes a 1/2 hour. How many feet an hour can a pro welder do of bead on mild steel?

About an hour. That's the time it took me to weld one of those SS/QA plates onto the frame of a bale squeeze I built a few years ago.

DSCF0062 (Small).JPG

/ Rough estimate to put a SS QA plate on a bucket? #5  
About an hour. That's the time it took me to weld one of those SS/QA plates onto the frame of a bale squeeze I built a few years ago.

View attachment 235822

I don't buy the plates anymore ... takes a couple hours to cut one out and weld it up.

Here's the one I put on my accumulator when I built it.

Attachments

• 102_7231.JPG
    102_7231.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 175
   / Rough estimate to put a SS QA plate on a bucket?
   / Rough estimate to put a SS QA plate on a bucket? #8  
I don't buy the plates anymore ... takes a couple hours to cut one out and weld it up.

Here's the one I put on my accumulator when I built it.

Nice work. I like that accumulator design :thumbsup: