Rounded off drain plug

/ Rounded off drain plug #1,871  
We used to do the air chisel thing at the dealer if we were too lazy to get the right tool :/

Next time you try a wrench, hit it straight down, not it a rotating direction. For some reason, that pops them loose.

What’s the right tool?

/ Rounded off drain plug #1,872  
I bought this set, it actually goes on an air chisel.

I would call any wrench that fits properly the right tool. Adjustable, combination or specialty.

Using an air chisel to grab a corner will work. I would not call that the correct tool since it is somewhat destructive. Screenshot_20190702-181259_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

/ Rounded off drain plug #1,873  
Using an air chisel to grab a corner will work. I would not call that the correct tool since it is somewhat destructive.

Drain plug is not worth salvaging? Maybe Kando wants it as a paperweight, being the famous rounded off drain plug and all :thumbsup:

/ Rounded off drain plug #1,874  
@ 1886 hits on this thread, he may be able to auction it off and make substantial dollars for it when he finally gets it out!

And coming up on almost 100,000 views!

/ Rounded off drain plug #1,875  
Drain plug is not worth salvaging? Maybe Kando wants it as a paperweight, being the famous rounded off drain plug and all
That was kinda of a side conversation about fan clutches

/ Rounded off drain plug #1,876  
   / Rounded off drain plug #1,877  
We do not want to be distracted from the important topic of Rounded off drain plugs? 🤓

/ Rounded off drain plug #1,879  
Is today THE DAY ??

Can anybody see if Kando is setting up seating and selling tickets ?

/ Rounded off drain plug #1,880  
I have had the worst luck with removing tapered rod ends like used in steering linkages. Sometimes nothing works. Then I have sawed the end off flush and drilled a series of holes usually starting with 1/8" brand new sharp bit and concentrate to keep it centered. Then open it up to the largest size possible without breaking out of the original ball joint shank.

By the time all that core material is removed, the induced stress from being tightened by superman (or too much impact wrench) is released and it lets go without cooking anything with the torch....

I'm replacing the drive belts on my MTD riding mower and just preparing to try to get the engine pulley on to put the new belt on. What a pain in the butt. So hard to replace a simple wear item like a belt.... But my MTD snow blower is even better, I was being forced to split the machine to get a cover off so that I could work on the carb... I ended up slipping off part of the cover so I didnt have to split the machine to get the captive cover off.