Rounded off drain plug

/ Rounded off drain plug #2,051  
Guess you didn't read the post where he got it out, and I have never seen a six point wrench that would fit a rounded off square head pipe plug.

View attachment 708899

Well since he solved the problem lets go back to more Ginger and Mary Ann pictures

/ Rounded off drain plug #2,052  
tina-louise-remembers-dawn-wells-gilligan-s-island-1250981.jpeg.jpg

/ Rounded off drain plug #2,053  
Ginger was the Ferrari.
Speaking of Ferraris, I recall back in the 60's while in college. On the book store billboard were two cars for sale. One was a real 66 Shelby Cobra for $6650 and the other was a 67 Ferrari 275 GTB for $8500.
Those two today would heave netted a return of over 4 mil.

/ Rounded off drain plug #2,054  
Not to dredge up the past but I stumbled onto this clip of how to get a stuck oil pan plug out that is too buggered up to get a wrench on. It's how to weld a nut on to the old plug and then back it out. You should watch from the beginning because we go the pliers and wrench route that both fail and then on to the success of welding a castellated spindle nut on. Anyway, it came out.

This was great TBN thread and I have a fond feeling for kando and his travails. Wish he was still around.

Here's how you do it.

/ Rounded off drain plug #2,055  
I just saw this thread for the first time. How in the heck can a roun ded off drain plug gather so much interest? I have no intention of reading all of these responses. Amazing.

/ Rounded off drain plug #2,056  
I just saw this thread for the first time. How in the heck can a roun ded off drain plug gather so much interest? I have no intention of reading all of these responses. Amazing.
I read them all in real time because I happened to click on it when it was a new thread. I tried to stop reading the thread and even deleted it numerous times but I kept getting drawn back in. Prob 75% is worth reading.

/ Rounded off drain plug #2,057  
Have you tried the "pallet in fields" thread?

/ Rounded off drain plug #2,058  
LOL. Yes, I've seen it. Never opened it I don't think. I'm always amazed at the topics that should have this kind of interest and don't vs the ones that have this level of intrigue and shouldn't.

/ Rounded off drain plug #2,060  
Just a couple of comments,
I usually try and hold the nut with my ground clamp.
I don't like passing that current through threads and fittings.
Also if he could have let it cool between welding and trying to unscrew it would have worked better.