Roundup Mix(up)

/ Roundup Mix(up) #11  
With a hand sprayer I mix 4 ounces to the gallon and have always had a good kill, I also like to add a couple of ounces of sticker or mineral oil will do in a pinch.

/ Roundup Mix(up) #12  
I used some generic glyphosate in a 3 gallon Solo backpack sprayer. I mixed 1% one day. 2 days later I did 2% on another section. 1% killed just fine. In a week all was just as dead with 1% or 2% as far as I can tell. I have not tried any experiments with less than 1% active ingredient. Now the question would be how much area did I cover. That would require me to measure as I was trying to clear a 12' wide path. And that leads back to the observation someone made of active ingredient per acre of square foot. I read the label for 2, 4D and the generic stuff I spray means 1 gallon in 50 gallons of water over about 5 acres seems to knock the weeds down nicely. I haven't sprayed that in bulk in a few years so I do not have the active ingredient per acre rate. 2,4D has something on the label that say no more than x per acre per year. I know, just repating what others have said.

/ Roundup Mix(up)
Updating for results - it has been 3 weeks since I sprayed and I checked the areas this weekend. The .4% killed all of the weeds and 75% of the grass. The grass that was still alive was stunted and yellowed and may die out, but not yet. Based on these results, and the comments here, in the future I will plan to increase the mixture to 1%, but keep the rate of spray the same. I think that will be about right for the area I am working.

For this year, if the weed/grass reappear before I plant, I will go ahead and spray again, but hoping that is not necessary.

Thanks for the comments.

/ Roundup Mix(up) #14  
Updating for results - it has been 3 weeks since I sprayed and I checked the areas this weekend. The .4% killed all of the weeds and 75% of the grass. The grass that was still alive was stunted and yellowed and may die out, but not yet. Based on these results, and the comments here, in the future I will plan to increase the mixture to 1%, but keep the rate of spray the same. I think that will be about right for the area I am working.

For this year, if the weed/grass reappear before I plant, I will go ahead and spray again, but hoping that is not necessary.

Thanks for the comments.

i dought you have killed the coastal. I suspect it will return.