RTV 1100 Transmission problem

/ RTV 1100 Transmission problem
The dealer had requested assistance from the Kubota experts is what I was told. Then they called and said the fix was to change the suction hoses and oil and filters plus the diagnosis time adding up to 800 dollars. I was happy that the fix was external to the transmission so they went ahead with the repairs. As you know it did not work. They told me they had done a lot of pressure testing on the transmission and driving around to experience the shut down of the transmission. So what is next? Will sure try to not have to pay for failed repair but they have the RTV so not much leverage unless they agree.

/ RTV 1100 Transmission problem #32  
Yep, I understand.

I have compassion for the mechanic when he has no solution and contacts the manufacturer. The contact person there is probably sitting at a computer desk typing in what information he's given and restating what the computer offers for a solution.

I'm in a situation like that now with a new JD grader. The JD "expert" is now just throwing parts at it hoping something sticks. Difference in my case is it's all covered under warranty. Still frustrating. Frustrating for the mechanic tech also.

/ RTV 1100 Transmission problem #33  
Make sure you tell them that's it's the 770 Grader and not the Tractor they need information on. I always thought that kind of odd, the model numbers that is.

/ RTV 1100 Transmission problem #34  
Make sure you tell them that's it's the 770 Grader and not the Tractor they need information on. I always thought that kind of odd, the model numbers that is.

If the mechanic doesn't know the difference I'm screwed. :)

/ RTV 1100 Transmission problem #35  
This where I have problem with Kubota, the service shops don't really seem up to the task. They should have a traveling expert to assist. Like Ford does with my GT350 engine, You wait till factory guy shows up, they don't let the dealers open the engine.

Kubota has regional mechanical reps which visit regularly to dealers shops. Ask them if they don't have one "coming".

So the Kubota dealer finally concluded that the drive/pump unit is the problem. According to them it has to be replaced as a unit costing 4200 dollars for parts alone. The RTV 1100 is a 2012 cab model with 1100 hours and looks like new since it has always been garaged but putting over 4000 dollars into it probably does not make sense. Other than buying a new one what options do I have?

/ RTV 1100 Transmission problem #37  
Other than buying a new one what options do I have?

Options? You might get a second opinion for one. After the first $800 failed attempt at repairing the issue, I sure would be hesitant on throwing $4200 at them so they could try again.

The conclusion is that the pump does not maintain adequate pressure when the oil gets up to full temperature. With colder oil the RTV performs as normal. What I meant with options is how to repair it. New pump on Messick site lists for 3800. There does not seem to be any internal parts available. There have been forum write-ups about changing the swash plates in the pump. Likely that is the issue due to warped swash plates in the pump. Maybe they discontinued selling internal parts.
There does not seem to be any rebuilt transmission available. A few used ones on Ebay but that will be risky.
Maybe using it as is and limit it to shorter trips. Sell it buy a new one perhaps. Dealer gave me a loner RTV 900 and it drives nicely. However I will need the cab like the RTV x1100. Are there any model updates coming from Kubota on the RTVs? Could wait for a while if updated models are about to be released.

/ RTV 1100 Transmission problem #39  
If you've got proof of all the required maintenance I would go after them for repair on defective design, manufacturers often have hidden warranties. Or offer you a very good trade in rate.

Bought a new RTV X1100 today. Will be delivered end of week. Moving over mirrors, radio, screen for window, Boss snowplow to the new RTV